Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Where do you draw the line?
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
cuecrazy
AzB Silver Member
cuecrazy has a reputation beyond reputecuecrazy has a reputation beyond reputecuecrazy has a reputation beyond reputecuecrazy has a reputation beyond reputecuecrazy has a reputation beyond reputecuecrazy has a reputation beyond reputecuecrazy has a reputation beyond reputecuecrazy has a reputation beyond reputecuecrazy has a reputation beyond reputecuecrazy has a reputation beyond reputecuecrazy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-19-2019, 05:06 AM

John Stewart for President 2020!

or

Lewis Black!

Playing cue:
Huebler

Old
  (#17)
Dan_B
AzB Gold Member
Dan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 455

08-19-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post

I'm staying home next November.

That's a good line and best for the country that you don't cross it.

Old
  (#18)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-19-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I get the whole appeal of not having a typical politician in the WH, but I do think having some political experience should be a requirement.

Perhaps even a political knowledge exam, although that might be a bit of a stretch.

The point is you have someone that was voted into the WH not by their experience or knowledge, but by what they said/promised. If he can get in on those merits, then so can anyone else that meets the minimum requirements.

So...where do you draw the line?
After the fact, he has exceeded expectations.

dumluk

Old
  (#19)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
That's nice and all, but it doesn't make someone qualified to be the leader of our country.
There is no line other than be the requisite age and birth place.

Obama, Bush and Hillary were not very qualified. That didn't stop them.

HRC had title of Sec of State to fill her resume, and she showed her inexperience in that job. But, she still wanted the top job. Obama had very little as well. He was a state legislator, who basically got a gift US Senate seat and the media pretty much made him the "one". Bush owned the Rangers And before that got elected to Congress, just like Hillary, by using his name recognition.

I just wish folks would stop treating folks that do win like they are some type of "god" like figure. They all are just regular folks, and from what I've seen in the past 40 years, are not even close to be all the "great" from either side of the aisle.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#20)
Mr. Wilson
Banned
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

08-19-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
That's nice and all, but it doesn't make someone qualified to be the leader of our country.
What makes you qualified to have an opinion?

Were you vetted before giving your thoughts?

Old
  (#21)
jason
Unprofessional everything
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3750

08-19-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I get the whole appeal of not having a typical politician in the WH, but I do think having some political experience should be a requirement.
I'm pretty sure George Washington didn't have any political experience. Do you think he was not qualified? In my opinion, a life long politician is the last thing we need to represent We the People. They have screwed us for years.

If you want to talk experience, I would suggest that business and financial experience highly out ways political experience. And yes, there is political experience in conducting business. I think Ross Perot would have been a great president. He certainly was a good man and a successful business man.

TRUMP 2020

Bigotry by Pangit 2019 that should never be forgotten.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=499879

------------------------------
Jason

Old
  (#22)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
Yup. I promise I won't vote for Trump in 2024.
I promise to never vote for the tard party .

Old
  (#23)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post

I draw the line at voting for anyone the OP votes for.

Old
  (#24)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2019, 01:25 PM

I draw at least one line at voting for a 35 year old. That does meet the requirement, but I cannot imagine anyone who is 35 having enough experience to even begin to do the job, however smart and otherwise capable they may be. That applies to anyone in their later 30s, or into their early 40s, also, for the same reason.

The iconic CEOs are probably not well suited for the job, either. Those who are the founders of a company set up a compliant board of directors, and do not know how to work by and through a legislative process with 538 independent members who are not his employees, and over whom he has no control or power.

Perot was in that boat, and ironically, his fortune was built from the swamp. EDS was the main data processing contractor for Social Security, iirc., and he got that contract in the old fashioned way. Bribing government officials. Or so I have read and believe.

And what he proposed was cordoning off city areas, and then to illegally break and enter into all dwellings and illegally seize all weapons. That would have 'only' violated the 4th amendment, and the 5th amendment.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by Sofla; 08-19-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Old
  (#25)
maldito
AzB Silver Member
maldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:

Well you asked for it but then you immediately pass judgement on the answer doesn't add up because you don't agree with it

The toughest shot on the table is the one you just missed......Myron Zownir

I've been watching guys tilt the rack before you were born ... Earl Strickland

Even If Donald Trump wins all of the toss up States He can't win ...... Rachel Madow

Kamala Harris . would you ??

Old
  (#26)
softshot
Simplify
softshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

08-19-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
It wasn't a vote of the lesser of two evils. There was an unknown and an evil. That was the choice in 2016.
but now you quote him chapter and verse like he's the Messiah..... How did that happen??

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help..

Old
  (#27)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post

Excuse me.

Old
  (#28)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldito View Post
Well you asked for it but then you immediately pass judgement on the answer doesn't add up because you don't agree with it
You're right, sorry.

Old
  (#29)
Mr. Wilson
Banned
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

08-19-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Excuse me.
OK

You're dismissed.

Old
  (#30)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2019, 03:18 AM

It didn't. You made that up - - unless you mean "you" in a generic way. He's done some good things and some things that I reject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softshot View Post
but now you quote him chapter and verse like he's the Messiah..... How did that happen??

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: