Reload this Page World famous draw stick ready for close investigation
Page 2 of 7 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Pictures/Video
Old
  (#16)
ipoppa33
Shakedown Custom Rods
ipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Pictures/Video - 09-29-2019, 06:46 AM

I believe you Dean! If the cue still works please have someone video it then post it please. Let us know if using it on a different butt produces the same results. Have fun. Thanks.

Playing Cue: Ray Weeks Slowhand Cues
J/B: Ray Weeks Slowhand Cues
Other cues: Some of old Palmers, Scruggs, Sugartree, Onley

the draw cue is for real
Old
  (#17)
jackpot
AzB Silver Member
jackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond repute

the draw cue is for real - 09-29-2019, 07:36 AM

This cue did draw the ball more than any cue I have ever seen. When Dean
brought it to the pool room, he said draw the ball with this cue it is unreal.
It was, Bob Vanover hit a few balls and was amazed. Dick Lane the great
straight pool player, who could never draw his ball two feet got the same result.
I took it back to a 9 foot Gold Crown and played with it for a little while. It spun
the ball so much it was hard for me to play with. It had a VERY whippy shaft,
about 12 1/2 as I remember. Like Dean said I called Josey and had him make
me one, but it was just a regular sneaky. It does not just draw better than any
other cue, it is much more than that. I know it sounds crazy but it is true, but
I also realize that some on here would not believe it no matter what, so Dean
would be wasting his time trying to convince them.
jack

Old
  (#18)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-29-2019, 09:07 AM

There's no way to hit the CB on the same spot and increase spin without increasing speed in the same proportion, so it's not possible for one cue to spin the ball more than another (i.e., to get more spin-to-speed, which is what's needed for more spin effect).

But it is possible for a cue to deliver a little more force to the CB with the same stroke speed - and a phenolic resin ferrule might have enough density/stiffness compared with others to do that, and that matters when the CB hits the OB pretty full.

When the Cb hits the OB pretty full, it loses most/all of its speed but it doesn't lose much spin, so adding RPMs by hitting harder makes the spin effect greater - and this is most obvious with follow/draw shots where the OB is hit very full.

Once wishful thinking is eliminated that would be my guess for an explanation.

Unfortunately, the same ferrule qualities probably increase squirt a lot.

pj
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 09-29-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Old
  (#19)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
There's no way to hit the CB on the same spot and increase spin without increasing speed in the same proportion, so it's not possible for one cue to spin the ball more than another (i.e., to get more spin-to-speed, which is what's needed for more spin effect).

But it is possible for a cue to deliver a little more force to the CB with the same stroke speed - and a phenolic resin ferrule might have enough density/stiffness compared with others to do that, and that matters when the CB hits the OB pretty full.

When the Cb hits the OB pretty full, it loses most/all of its speed but it doesn't lose much spin, so adding RPMs by hitting harder makes the spin effect greater - and this is most obvious with follow/draw shots where the OB is hit very full.

Once wishful thinking is eliminated that would be my guess for an explanation.

Unfortunately, the same ferrule qualities probably increase squirt a lot.

pj
chgo
In some sense you could conceivably tie "squirt" and spin together. I am not a rocket scientist but...The heavier ferrule would impart more "inertia/force/spin" to the cue ball on a pure strike, all things being equal. That being said, I would agree with you that line/control could be compromised a bit, if the intended spot on the cue ball is not precisely struck.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#20)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
The heavier ferrule would impart more "inertia/force/spin" to the cue ball
Maybe a little more force, speed and RPMs, but not more "spin" (more spin-to-speed) - except after the CB hits the OB pretty full, as I described above.

And the same effect can be produced with any stick/ferrule simply by hitting a little harder.

pj
chgo

P.S. Another effect of more squirt could be a more "level" hit on the CB with draw - because the extra squirt "redirects" the cue's force from slightly downward to more level. This could have an effect on how much draw spin is rubbed off on the way to the OB - and it couldn't be produced just by hitting harder.

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 09-29-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Old
  (#21)
Lawnboy77
AzB Silver Member
Lawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 10:12 AM

Dean, is it possible that you guys just happened on a freshly waxed CB? If someone used something similar to Johnson’s Paste Wax that would for sure increase the draw significantly.

Old
  (#22)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
I have the idea that it must be the shaft or ferrule . . .
Dean,
-- Have you not considered that something is unusual about the tip's material, or the adhesive used in bonding the tip to the ferrule?

-- Also, be sure to have someone post a video showing the cue's uncanny performance, preferably showing several different players getting amazing results with it.

Arnaldo

“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Old
  (#23)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Maybe a little more force, speed and RPMs, but not more "spin" (more spin-to-speed) - except after the CB hits the OB pretty full, as I described above.

And the same effect can be produced with any stick/ferrule simply by hitting a little harder.

pj
chgo

P.S. Another effect of more squirt could be a more "level" hit on the CB with draw - because the extra squirt "redirects" the cue's force from slightly downward to more level. This could have an effect on how much draw spin is rubbed off on the way to the OB - and it couldn't be produced just by hitting harder.
What I was trying to relay, was that you would, by simple way of mass, impart more strike/force to the cueball with the same stroke, all things being equal. Whether or not that is enough to generate an inordinate amount of spin, I can't answer...Too many other variables/unknowns.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

Old
  (#24)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

09-29-2019, 01:02 PM

I have a cue that actually talks to me while I am shooting. It says things like:

"why the f**k did you shoot that shot like that?"

"why did you put so much left on that shot?"

"what the hell were you thinking?"

"you've hit that shot a millions times, why do you keep on thinking it will work?"

etc, etc, etc...…….

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#25)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

09-29-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
I have a cue that actually talks to me while I am shooting. It says things like:

"why the f**k did you shoot that shot like that?"

"why did you put so much left on that shot?"

"what the hell were you thinking?"

"you've hit that shot a millions times, why do you keep on thinking it will work?"

etc, etc, etc...…….
I've owned several of your cues first cousins.

Old
  (#26)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
i am glad you find this unbelievable

I was playing with Jerry franklin,I hit a cut shot fairly easy
it looked like a soft masse' shot in reverse

Jerry handed me his tulip wood south west and played
the rest of our day about 2 hours with my Josey

Jerry had a huge grin on his face,it was unreal

It was not meant to be anything but a sneaky pete

Jack potter ,of Libra cue fame can make the same report

Dennis Glenn was so impressed he asked for me to put it
in his collection,which I did until next week and I am borrowing it

if this cue still does it,honestly some of you guys would need to come to dallas to see it

I could draw better than Mike Massey,and i have no stroke

i know you guys think i am crazy
Name:  4D6EA6C3-B20C-4A8D-904A-065EFE4A5B96.jpeg
Views: 499
Size:  88.8 KB

Some cues draw better than others....my knowledge is mostly empirical...
...but I’m thinking it might be what I call spine...I’ve had strong cues that were dead...
...the ones I’ve liked whip...but they whip QUICK...not slow and lazy like a pro taper.

I bought a cue in Cincinnati in ‘78 that I could draw three quarters of a table length
farther than any other cue,,,it had an ivory ferrule 13mm...as usual, I had the ferrule
chopped and shaft retapered to a 12mm....it still had the hit.

The ferrule material gives the cue a soft hit...WWII vintage...never swells.

Name:  6B005B8A-BC59-4E7C-969B-A62E8EA68868.jpeg
Views: 431
Size:  62.6 KB

The Black on the left.....,ferrule’s been on for over 20 years...
...the Joss on the right...ferrule’s been on since 1980...
..both are still tight.

The cue I bought in Cincinnati was a Gus...some cues are magic....
...it’s the arrow AND the Indian

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#27)
maha
from way back when
maha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 01:34 PM

only things that make it easier to draw back.

hitting lower
thin shaft to get lower
more speed
heavier stick
slippery cue ball
stick made from an old magic wand
stick is blessed

Old
  (#28)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 02:48 PM

with different players from Vanover to Dick Lane
Jack Potter,Dennis Glenn,Dean Campbell,Jerry Franklin

in different pool halls,different states, different players
everyone mentioned got way more draw on the cue ball

I have trouble drawing my ball,I got curves coming right back at me

Jerry franklin couldn't believe his eyes

you guys are wrong about this

you are saying it is impossible,we say we saw it happen

just in case the cue still works are any of you willing to be $10,000
that it doesn't.

Now I am going to make sure before I bet,but that shouldn't matter to you if it
is impossible,the fact that I see it doesn't matter to you

is not the first step in science observation

Old
  (#29)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day

09-29-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
What I was trying to relay, was that you would, by simple way of mass, impart more strike/force to the cueball with the same stroke, all things being equal. Whether or not that is enough to generate an inordinate amount of spin, I can't answer...Too many other variables/unknowns.
Oh, I get you now. That's what I was saying too - more force can make a difference in after-collision spin, especially for fuller hits.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#30)
TommyT
Obsessed
TommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 03:03 PM

It sounds like we're being set up for a group buy...haven't we seen this before. 🙄

Page 2 of 7 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: