Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page I CANCELLED A SALE-REVIEW/Opinons/FEEDBACK PLEASE
Page 6 of 14 « First 456 78 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
HouTexPlayer
AzB Silver Member
HouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-18-2019, 02:48 PM

No horse in this race, but Paypal Friends and Family protects the Seller in this and any other case when it's used in this regard.

If I buy anything from anyone I don't know personally and they request F&F, I simply tell them no and I'll add 3% onto the deal - it's very cheap insurance for me as the Buyer to ensure that the Seller holds up their end of the deal and if not, that I have recourse.

This deal seems unusual certainly as it's normally the Buyer who backs out - not the Seller but it's between them so I'll leave it at that.

Old
  (#77)
Duane Remick
AzB Silver Member
Duane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-18-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTexPlayer View Post
No horse in this race, but Paypal Friends and Family protects the Seller in this and any other case when it's used in this regard.

If I buy anything from anyone I don't know personally and they request F&F, I simply tell them no and I'll add 3% onto the deal - it's very cheap insurance for me as the Buyer to ensure that the Seller holds up their end of the deal and if not, that I have recourse.

This deal seems unusual certainly as it's normally the Buyer who backs out - not the Seller but it's between them so I'll leave it at that.
Man,
that's all I was thinking-
I sell with friends and family I have no recourse-
AND I WAS WRONG!
That is all I was trying to do here in the thread THAT I STARTED"
-GET SOME ASSISTANCE/ADVICE IS ALL"
Thanks

Duane Remick

Old
  (#78)
Kobachi
Scarred but Smarter
Kobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 03:17 PM

Quit with the CAPS already.

Sell to the guys friend on here and be done. Why do you continually avoid that option?

Primary: Alex Brick

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious" Michael Scott - Dundler Mifflin Paper Company

"Sure-Lock"

Old
  (#79)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Sell the man the cue through his friend with 100% feedback.

Seems like you are are ducking him and everybody else that agrees with this.

I've never heard a bad word about you, but the longer you go without answering him or responding to his offer, the worse it looks for you.

You have responded to other people who have posted after him, what's the reason for not responding?

Jason
This right here ^

Old
  (#80)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideologist View Post
If shortbusruss agrees with you, you should reevaluate your position
Zing! (Trying to be a better me.... In a different time, I might have said go fizzzzzzzzzuuuuuukkk yourself...... But, I won't.... :wink)

Old
  (#81)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
One option in a case like that is to call the authorities and have them with you when you meet the person picking up the item.

If they sent the bank via the U S Mail I guarantee the Postal Inspection Service would love a case like that. Easy work for the Postal Inspector.
I wish it was that easy. I called the local police station to set up a sting and was told no crime had been committed until the car was actually taken. They said the bad check was a civil matter. I then called the FBI and was told this type of crime is rampart via the internet and they would take a report if I'd like. No one seemed that concerned about the counterfeit bank check.

I'm sure what they did is a crime but catching/finding them is the the problem. Appears that this is a garden variety crime these days and not high on the list for the authorities to pursue in earnest. I'm just informing those on here to be careful even when accepting "bank checks." What you do with that information is up to you.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#82)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I wish it was that easy. I called the local police station to set up a sting and was told no crime had been committed until the car was actually taken. They said the bad check was a civil matter. I then called the FBI and was told this type of crime is rampart via the internet and they would take a report if I'd like. No one seemed that concerned about the counterfeit bank check.

I'm sure what they did is a crime but catching/finding them is the the problem. Appears that this is a garden variety crime these days and not high on the list for the authorities to pursue in earnest. I'm just informing those on here to be careful even when accepting "bank checks." What you do with that information is up to you.
Speaking of bank checks, the govt shut down a biz I sent money to for no reason it turns out($9,000) so I go to the bank and ask them to stop the check(it hadn't been cashed yet) the bank tells me they know about it and the govt told them they weren't allowed to stop the check(the Gov't had it)

The govt cashes the check and sends me around $4,600 of it back and keeps the rest. Then they proceed to tell me it's income and I have to pay tax on it

C@cs^c%=&s

Old
  (#83)
CK6Speed
AzB Silver Member
CK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
Who gives a sh!t WHY Duane doesn't do business with new/unknown buyers? It's 100% his choice. He obviously has very good reasons for that policy, and just didn't catch that this was a new user. How likely do you all really think it is that a user completely new to the site, with minimal posts, decides to buy something expensive off a seller here, within a short time of joining the forum?

Not bloody well likely... Not selling to brand new folks, thinking about it that way, is a VERY good policy, when viewed from that angle. A lot of our older members simply aren't comfortable with Paypal protections (which invariably favor the buyer, btw...), and I don't fault Duane in the least for backing out, as long as he refunds the payment.

Those other folks talking crap, you are free to start selling expensive cues on here and to do business with all the new/unknown folks you like on here. Tell us how that works out.
I'm just glad Travis Niklich took a chance on me when I was new with zero iTrader and little posts back in 2008. He sold me one of his beautiful 2008 Full Splice signed Blackcreek cues which I paid over $1,000 for via Palpal. He gave my my first iTrader rating. Since then I was able to purchase from various sellers here a 2009 Richard Black for over $2,000, a Caroline Custom, A Ned Morris, Mike Gulyassy made serial number 2 It's George which is #2 our of 10 made, and a Lee Peppers Custom. I still have relatively little posts compared to many. You have to start somewhere.

Old
  (#84)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Remick View Post
I have to find the thread here-FORBIDDING" Taking friends/family from unknown/new buyers-
I always try do the right thing buying/selling-
If people AREN'T your "friend or family", DON'T "scam" the g'damn system.

That is a "scam" in itself.

Pay the dues and do it the "right' way.

Old
  (#85)
CK6Speed
AzB Silver Member
CK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCK6Speed has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Speaking of bank checks, the govt shut down a biz I sent money to for no reason it turns out($9,000) so I go to the bank and ask them to stop the check(it hadn't been cashed yet) the bank tells me they know about it and the govt told them they weren't allowed to stop the check(the Gov't had it)

The govt cashes the check and sends me around $4,600 of it back and keeps the rest. Then they proceed to tell me it's income and I have to pay tax on it

C@cs^c%=&s
That is just messed up. Welcome to America.

Old
  (#86)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:

C@cs^c%=&s
No surprise here. My van was parked well off the side of the road on the way to Reno. We were stopped so Keith, Cecil Tugwell, Bill Mielke and I could get out and take a piss. An Army 'Deuce and a Half' truck slid off the icy road and plowed into us, just after we (all except Cecil) had gotten back into the van. We all escaped with our lives (injured but none seriously) but my van was destroyed.

It took my attorney several months to get the U.S. government to pay for the van, but they refused to pay for any of our medical care. My attorney told me that we had no chance trying to sue the Feds! I should take the settlement and forget about the rest. Keith's medical bills alone were over $900 and I paid them. He was the most seriously hurt with a broken arm. Bill Mielke and I were both given pain killers and neck braces, and told to go home and rest.

In your situation you have little recourse unfortunately. Big Brother is really BIG! And we're not.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 10-18-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Old
  (#87)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
No surprise here. My van was parked well off the side of the road on the way to Reno. We were stopped so Keith, Cecil Tugwell, Bill Mielke and I could get out and take a piss. An Army 'Deuce and a Half' truck slid off the icy road and plowed into us, just after we (all except Cecil) had gotten back into the van. We all escaped with our lives (injured but none seriously) but my van was destroyed.

It took my attorney several months to get the U.S. government to pay for the van, but they refused to pay for any of our medical care. My attorney told me that we had no chance trying to sue the Feds! I should take the settlement and forget about the rest. Keith's medical bills alone were over $900 and I paid them. He was the most seriously hurt with a broken arm. Bill Mielke and I were both given pain killers and neck braces, and told to go home and rest.

In your situation you have little recourse unfortunately. Big Brother is really BIG! And we're not.
So true.

That biz already had 1k from me and I had made a few hundred, so in total 10k in cash plus some profit. All in all the G got around $7,000 of it. Not a damn thing i could do about it.

Old
  (#88)
Buster8001
Did you say shrubberies?
Buster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
Not necessarily true Buster. The reason that I offer the option of a U.S. Postal Money Order to my customers, is for their protection. If I were to hose someone (which I have never, and will never do) who has paid me via USPMO, is that shorty thereafter, I would likely receive a visit from a U.S. Federal Marshall. They don't play.
I wish it worked that way, j2pac. I, unfortunately, have been scammed with USPMOs. If I remember correctly, it was around $600. Years ago, when I was into Magic the Gathering cards. USPS never lifted a finger; even after I filled out the book of fraud paperwork. I was on the phone with local and national offices for over a year before I finally called it a juicy loss-burger. They wouldn't lift a finger for what amounts to petty larceny.

Again, it's almost 2020; people need to get on board with electronic payments. I stand by my statement. Unless I'm face-to-face and cash-to-hand, I completely walk away from someone trying to suggest anything other, nowadays.

"Eight ball up her thight!"
-Kung Fu Master-

"Pool is an analog game in a digital world."
-Chuck Fields-

Old
  (#89)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 06:01 PM

Duane has proven himself to be a reliable and honest Trader you can't get to 104 all positive feedbacks while being a bad guy

Using friends and family option on PayPal in my opinion is not a good practice however in this case the seller would have zero exposure and I think Duane was unaware of that - he just remembered reading in a previous thread on az that using the friends and family option was not recommended but those were usually aimed at buyers who would have no recourse if they didn't get what they ordered

To me, posting this thread for advice, is a sign that Duane didn't feel right about how their deal went. It shows he has a conscience, imo.

Since the buyer still appears to be interested I think it would be appropriate for Duane to follow through with their deal.

I'm a big fan of all's well that ends well

Hopefully you guys will salvage your deal

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Old
  (#90)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
Not necessarily true Buster. The reason that I offer the option of a U.S. Postal Money Order to my customers, is for their protection. If I were to hose someone (which I have never, and will never do) who has paid me via USPMO, is that shorty thereafter, I would likely receive a visit from a U.S. Federal Marshall. They don't play.
Mail fraud includes wire fraud. Same federal protection and enforcement, providing it is intetstate or international transaction.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Page 6 of 14 « First 456 78 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: