Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page PEDS in pool
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
jchown
AzB Bronze Member
jchown has a reputation beyond reputejchown has a reputation beyond reputejchown has a reputation beyond reputejchown has a reputation beyond reputejchown has a reputation beyond reputejchown has a reputation beyond reputejchown has a reputation beyond reputejchown has a reputation beyond reputejchown has a reputation beyond reputejchown has a reputation beyond reputejchown has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-09-2014, 07:13 AM

Im on beta blockers for migraine control, which would fail me if there was testing!

killed my game
Old
  (#17)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

killed my game - 08-09-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchown View Post
Im on beta blockers for migraine control, which would fail me if there was testing!
I was on beta blockers for the blood pressure. Took away that little edge I needed to compete. Turned out the damned things don't work for the pressure anyway after the drug companies made billions selling them.

Marathon sessions may be the exception but the vast majority of the time nothing beats playing on the natch. Somebody might have their mixture right for a few racks but I never saw them keep it together over a long stretch. Nicest thing about dope, they are often certain they are playing the best pool of their life, the balls just aren't going in the holes!

Hu

Old
  (#18)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2014, 08:45 AM

I have seasonal allergies, some seasons not much, others bad, and sometimes it comes and go.

Well, it got real bad, so I decided to go with the Claritin D for decongestion. Man, I took that before I played pool, and my mind was wide open, I saw shots that I never saw before, I only missed one shot all night and that was because I jumped up.

Of course, when I got home, I could NOT sleep a wink.....I was wired and tossed and turned for a few hours before I went downstairs to watch TV till 5am.

I have not used the "juice" since, but it's always in the back of my mind

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 08-09-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Old
  (#19)
lakeman77
AzB Silver Member
lakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

08-09-2014, 11:25 AM

I like to play people who are tuned up. they play the same or worse but just faster :-)

Old
  (#20)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
08-09-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
I have seasonal allegories... always in the back of my mind
I hope you decipher them someday.

LOOK! EVERYTHING'S SPINNING.

Old
  (#21)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
08-09-2014, 11:47 AM

This discussion can't be "good" for pool. Watch out here comes the morality police.....

For the OP - yes it's been discussed dozens of times.

Most used PED is pills. Uppers, downers, mood enhancers, etc... it's called getting the mix right when a player figures out the perfect cocktail that works for them to put them into what they think is the right zone to play their best pool.

And truthfully sometimes players do get into a perfect pool zone when the mix is right. This is all short term stuff though. No one is doing steroids to help them in pool although I THINK that the WPA does follow the IOC guidelines on banned substances so IF a player was doing roids to bulk up for their bodybuilding habit and they happened to win a WPA event and get tested they might fail and thus be stripped of the title and sanctioned.

These days it's mostly pain pills that players are after if they are going to take something to "help" them. Some players are truly knowledgeable about all form of pain pills.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#22)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2014, 12:09 PM

Best pool I ever saw live was a roadie zonked out of his mind on pcp and about 30 beers.

Disgusting!

Old
  (#23)
imissedthe9
AzB Silver Member
imissedthe9 has a reputation beyond reputeimissedthe9 has a reputation beyond reputeimissedthe9 has a reputation beyond reputeimissedthe9 has a reputation beyond reputeimissedthe9 has a reputation beyond reputeimissedthe9 has a reputation beyond reputeimissedthe9 has a reputation beyond reputeimissedthe9 has a reputation beyond reputeimissedthe9 has a reputation beyond reputeimissedthe9 has a reputation beyond reputeimissedthe9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

08-09-2014, 04:11 PM

Many players use Adderall

Old
  (#24)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

08-13-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
I have seasonal allergies, some seasons not much, others bad, and sometimes it comes and go.

Well, it got real bad, so I decided to go with the Claritin D for decongestion. Man, I took that before I played pool, and my mind was wide open, I saw shots that I never saw before, I only missed one shot all night and that was because I jumped up.

Of course, when I got home, I could NOT sleep a wink.....I was wired and tossed and turned for a few hours before I went downstairs to watch TV till 5am.

I have not used the "juice" since, but it's always in the back of my mind
You changed it...and without comment.

I thought it was a good one!!

Old
  (#25)
uwate
daydreaming about pool
uwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 62
  Send a message via MSN to uwate  
08-13-2014, 07:00 AM

Watching Jon Dovinsky drink about 16 drinks and then playing run out pool was proof to me that one person's mixture can be very unique. Most pool players I know either drink beer, smoke cigarettes or joints or play on opiates like vicodin.

Old
  (#26)
Colonel
Living The Dream
Colonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond repute

08-13-2014, 07:58 AM

They're out there, it seems mostly pain pills and Adderall nowadays so it's harder to tell. There were many times during late 80's & 90's it was coke more often than not. There were guys I wanted to nail the bathroom door shut on as the moment we'd match up they'd run to the bathroom.

Kentucky Fried Lock of the World Famous Lock Society

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom... You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough"
-William Blake

Old
  (#27)
krupa
The Dream Operator
krupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-13-2014, 08:10 AM

I tried steroids for a while but the 'roid rage got out of control... after every loss, I tore the table in half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Sometimes running out is like drunk driving, sometimes it is like making toast.

Old
  (#28)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-13-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupa View Post
I tried steroids for a while but the 'roid rage got out of control... after every loss, I tore the table in half!
Chuck Norris tore a pool table in tenths with just one hand.

best,
brian kc

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Old
  (#29)
SeabrookMiglla
AzB Silver Member
SeabrookMiglla has a reputation beyond reputeSeabrookMiglla has a reputation beyond reputeSeabrookMiglla has a reputation beyond reputeSeabrookMiglla has a reputation beyond reputeSeabrookMiglla has a reputation beyond reputeSeabrookMiglla has a reputation beyond reputeSeabrookMiglla has a reputation beyond reputeSeabrookMiglla has a reputation beyond reputeSeabrookMiglla has a reputation beyond reputeSeabrookMiglla has a reputation beyond reputeSeabrookMiglla has a reputation beyond repute

08-13-2014, 08:57 AM

i think uppers would make you play for long periods of time, possibly days depending on the substance. ive heard of some professionals who are/were on these hard drugs. it was alluded to by paul newman in the movie the color of money, with the cocaine boom in the 80's. fast eddy thought that alcohol and mary jane were more "human". and i agree with that, those two substances have been around mankind for millenias now.

alcohol temporarily gives me a boost whenever i have my initial buzz, but after about 20 minutes it doesnt do me any good. i think whenever you have your buzz after 2 beers, you become loose quicker. although you get tired afterwards and/or careless.

(not really a smoker) but if i ever do play on mary jane, it either does 2 things to me: it either makes me over think, or gets me totally in the zone and blank out everything else around me. although kinda similar to alcohol, after your initial buzz, you slow down and begin to get tired.

caffeine, and i love coffee. it may wake me up if ive had a long and tiring day. but if ive had too much caffeine and not enough water to mellow out my buzz then i notice my grip hand becomes shaky or unsteady. also i loose focus with too much caffeine and my attention span crumbles.

people are different though. but i personally like to reward myself with some beers after a good day of practice. but if im playing for real, i try to stay away from any substances except maybe a cup of joe.

Last edited by SeabrookMiglla; 08-13-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Old
  (#30)
CSykes24
www.coreysykes.com
CSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond repute

08-13-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Discussed to death already here, many times.

Try the search for more info than you'll care to read.

All you need to know:
Maryjane and Jaegermeister
Nothing in this world make you feel nicer.
How appropriate that Jaeger is there, BB. I can confirm. Helped me fuel to take down Michael Wong this past weekend in NC, haha.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: