George Breedlove

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
George Breedlove is proving to many that he is more than just Jeanette Lee's husband. George defeated Oliver Orttman in round 1, Frankie Hernandez, then took out Corey Deuel. He now must get past Rodney Morris. Whether or not George wins this tournament, he has sent a message to one and all.... he's back!!!

eg8r

Registered
he has sent a message to one and all.... he's back!!!
Dave I have heard this so many times about so many players. Why would you think that success in one tournament instantly means "he's back" ? I am happy that he is playing well, and I have not heard much about him lately, but c'mon, he has won 3 matches in a row. I understand his competitors were tough but I think this statement is a bit premature. Lets give him a chance to enjoy what he has done so far, and see what happens the rest of this tournament and the rest of the year.

Good luck George, it will be nice to see if you can finish on top, if not, then congrats where ever you finish.

eg8r

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
It is never premature to congratulate someobdy on a job well done. To those of us that know George, we understand how sweet this is, and we appreciate all of the hard work he's done to get his game back to this level. I don't think it matters whether or not he wns the tournament, as he has eclipsed his own expectations and surpassed many of his goals this week. I'll say it again, for those that did not uderstand it the first time.... HE"S BACK!!!

jjinfla

Banned
You're right Blackjack. I would prefer my glass of beer to be half full than half empty. Before this tournament the only time I heard of Breedlove was when he was pointed out in the seats when his wife was playing. Holy S###, I just checked the brackets to see how he is doing and see that he not only defeated Oliver Ortmann, but also Frankie Hernandez and Corey Deuel. Heck yeah, he's back, with a vengence too. Beating any one of them is an accomplishment. Jake

jjinfla

Banned
Blackjack, I misread your first post. I didn't realize that you already said Breedlove beat those guys. I guess my mind couldn't believe that. I thought you said Frankie beat Corey. Well, Rodney Morris is no slouch. There is a lot of great talent in this tournament. CW is already out of it. Earl is on the loss side. then if Breedlove beats Morris he will have to face either Robles or Wetch and then either Archer or Immonen. Any one of those guys can win anytime. Not an easy way to make a living. But a heck of a lot of glory to come out on top of this field. Jake

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy Texan,
U said it right.I was really surprised to see him back and beating the greats like oliver ortman and cory Doeul.Last time( 8 years ago) George played Rodney,it was Rodney who won.Rodney beat George by playing defense and George could not get out. Cheers
Vagabond

eg8r

Registered
Dave I am not saying it is premature to congratulate him. I also am very happy that he is doing well. I hope he continues to play great. I just think that it is premature to say "He's Back".

Tell me this, since you are so quick to state, "he's back" what happens at the next tournament if he is out in two matches? Will you be so quick to say "He's lost"? You are quick to the praise and that is what I am calling premature.

I liked your "For those of us that know George" bit. I just find it hard to believe that in not knowing George personally you have some sort of advantage in understanding what hard work it is to do well after a drought. LOL, this is not about whether you know him or not.

Good luck George,

eg8r

jjinfla

Banned
Breedlove defeated Morris 11-10. That must have been a good match to watch. Now, can he continue his success against Robles? And then either Archer or Bustamonte. I'll bet that he is attracting the fans hoping he continues doing well. I wonder what his Accu-stats stats are for this tournament? Jake

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Jake,
I believe that George plays Ralf Souquet next, which I believe will be his toughest test. I believe that Ralf will win, which will add another strong player to the left bracket. From the look of things, it appears that we'll probably get a Souquet - Archer finals, which would be the safe bet, but the way George is just rolling along, who knows how to call this one? Bustamante is strong from either side of the board, as is Archer (evident by his victory over Pagualayan in Calgary, he came from the left bracket to win the tournament). My pick is still Souquet, but it's still a crap shoot as long as George Breedlove continues to play better and better.

The ladies side is very interesting. Ewa has quietly strolled through the field, and posted a very good showing this week. I expect a Corr-Fisher finale, while I also have my eyes on Phoebe Choy (who has proved this week that she can play at this level successfully) - she faces another tournament dark horse in Robin Dodson, who has done very well. There is also a Tornado on the horizon, and Helena Thornfeldt has been solid all week long. Honestly, I don't think anybody is playing on the same level as Karen Corr. I believe that Karen has moved the level of her game up about a half a notch over the past few months. If she continues to improve, it could be a long time before we see someone else raising a trophy.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

David,

Those are pretty safe bets but I am going with Bustamante knocking Johnny to the one loss side where they will meet again in the finals. Wish I could be there to see what has to be some amazing action. My pick in this one is Busta but Johnny is definitely back at the top of his game. :)

Dave

jjinfla

Banned
The WPBA brackets show Ralf defeating Robles 11-8 but they carried Robles name out in the brackets. Mike's brackets show Ralf's name as Breedlove's next opponent. That's what I get for checking the wrong brackets. Well, once Breedlove defeats Ralf it will just be that much more impressive. How sweet it is. Just think, if he continues on undefeated, he can then encase his cue (what make is it) in glass, and announce his retirement. Afterall, after beating the best in the world what challenge would there be for him to play again. LOL

accdealer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am not trying to open another can of worms here, but i just have something i need to say. i know ralf, and i know mika, not like buddy buddy, but i have met them and watched them both play. anyway, it amazes me how they continue to win matches and tournaments. yes, they are great players, but imho not the caliber of archer, strickland, reyes, bustamante, and/or morris. actually, in 1995-96 before Rodney's misfortune, with all the hype about Reyes and the Philipinos, i thought that Rodney was by far the greatest 9 ball player in the world. He was the only player on tour to have 100% of an Archer/Strickland offense and break, with 99% of Reyes' finese and kicking game. I hope that George has a good tournament, and wish him luck against Mika. Hopefully he can see past Mika's titles and beat him. I mean, compared to other top players, Mika is just another pro.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I would put Ralf in the same category as the other players you mentioned there. Ralf's biggest strength is his mental game. He just doesn't make mental mistakes. The only time he does is when he is rushed for one reason or another.

While his slow play may annoy some fans and other players, it is that methodical approach that makes him so strong.

Mike

Joseph Cues

Cue Nut
Silver Member
accdealer said:
i am not trying to open another can of worms here, but i just have something i need to say. i know ralf, and i know mika, not like buddy buddy, but i have met them and watched them both play. anyway, it amazes me how they continue to win matches and tournaments. yes, they are great players, but imho not the caliber of archer, strickland, reyes, bustamante, and/or morris. actually, in 1995-96 before Rodney's misfortune, with all the hype about Reyes and the Philipinos, i thought that Rodney was by far the greatest 9 ball player in the world. He was the only player on tour to have 100% of an Archer/Strickland offense and break, with 99% of Reyes' finese and kicking game. I hope that George has a good tournament, and wish him luck against Mika. Hopefully he can see past Mika's titles and beat him. I mean, compared to other top players, Mika is just another pro.
ACC, Rodney is playing as good as he's ever been these days. But, he still gets the 8-ball from Bustamante. Ralf would beat Archer for the cash now if you ask me. Ralf has won the US Open 9-ball and straight pool as well as challenge of champions. He's up there. What has Archer done lately? Ralf's a great player and a gentleman.

accdealer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you are absolutely right. i guess that a few years in the joint can take away more than just your manhood. it is a real shame that he is not playing as well as he was in 94-96. just a thought, i think that every man on the tour can get the 8 from bustamante. i mean, probably not, but like efren he just plays on a different level, and has the break to make him dangerous. ralf is absolutely a gentleman, a very nice man. it's just that when i watch him play, i don't see anything special. maybe that's what makes him so great. i won't even get into my feelings about mika here, my mother always told me if i don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

accdealer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have just realized that i am mispelling something. If you are referring to the actual place, it is the Philipines, or Philipine Islands. If you are referring to a person, they are Filipino. I hope that nobody was offended.

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
accdealer said:
i have just realized that i am mispelling something. If you are referring to the actual place, it is the Philipines, or Philipine Islands. If you are referring to a person, they are Filipino. I hope that nobody was offended.
dude..lol....you still spelled it wrong...it's actually Philippines...and it's either Filipinio/Pilipino.....

jungledude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
George Breedlove's great play no surprise to me

George is the only player to ever beat me giving me the wild 5
and I've played many champions that way. George probably would be in the top 4 0r 5 players in the world if he hadn't decided to quit gambling. Very hard to stay in stroke if you never gamble, it's hard to stay motivated. George is also a nice person and I pull for him in just about every tournament I see him at.