RIP John Davis

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Davis - End of the Line Cues

John knew that he was on the "short list" when I visited him the week prior to his passing - he gave me 2 full spliced blanks that I will be building out as "End of the Line" cues with the proceeds from the sale going directly to his wife Barbara. I owe John so much more for his generosity over the years - but it is a start to honor a man that I dearly loved to call my friend.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
So sorry to hear this news. John was a super nice guy and loved working on cues. His return to blank making was an exciting time for us. He was one of the last connections to the classic era of custom cue building.

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
John was a great guy.
One of the nicest guys in pool.
He was always happy and laughing.
Rip buddy

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Davis

He sure was an easy guy to like.
I really valued our friendship and the times we were able to spend together

Attachments

• 3FF0CD67-A671-4427-92BA-061186D74EA2.jpeg
    3FF0CD67-A671-4427-92BA-061186D74EA2.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 376
  • 9B10ED6A-7B47-4ECC-8B57-AA63541B6301.jpeg
    9B10ED6A-7B47-4ECC-8B57-AA63541B6301.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 378
  • F43FFB16-34D4-4F08-8E9C-A6655C1035D2.jpeg
    F43FFB16-34D4-4F08-8E9C-A6655C1035D2.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 385

crawf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad news.

I was fortunate enough to meet John a handful of times over the years. As others have mentioned, he always was in a good mood.

I was very fortunate to be able to visit him at his shop when I was in the market for a blank. He was patient while a sifted through well over a hundred blanks. I He asked me what exactly I was looking for. I had my mind set a Titlist colored veneers, and of which by chance there were none. He looked at me for a few seconds and smiled, then he said I probably shouldn’t do this, and went over to a cabinet in the back and came back with two Titlist colored veneer blanks. He said I was saving these, but you can have your pick. Something I will never forget and truly appreciate.

I have a Sneak Pete player and a Sneaky Pete jump handle, both from John Davis blanks. The blank I got from his shop is waiting on me to decide how I want it built.

The pool world has lost a great man and contributor.

RIP Mr. Davis

Princecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John will be greatly missed by all that knew him. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend a lot of time with him over the years. He was a great guy that would give the shirt off his back to help a friend. He always had a good story to tell and a very colorful way of telling them. I will miss the conversations and all the laughs we had. He was a great friend.

Rest in peace, John

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Always admired his work. Always will. My condolences too to family and friends. Matt D.

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member
John will be greatly missed by all that knew him. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend a lot of time with him over the years. He was a great guy that would give the shirt off his back to help a friend. He always had a good story to tell and a very colorful way of telling them. I will miss the conversations and all the laughs we had. He was a great friend.

Rest in peace, John

I am ashamed to say I am just reading this news now. RIP to the legend
John Davis, what a guy... I will forever be indebted to him, Eric Crisp, and
you Tim for building my dream cue which I still cherish today and will for
the rest of my life. My condolences to his family, looking forward to see
your two finished cues dedicated to him Mr. Drexler