Id Pool table?

Oldbackstop

Hi! First post here. My girlfriend is buying a house and the owners offered to leave a pool table there. I only have these pics to go off. Can anyone recognize that logo? Thx

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200516-051439_realtorcom.jpg
    Screenshot_20200516-051439_realtorcom.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 344
  • Screenshot_20200516-051402_realtorcom.jpg
    Screenshot_20200516-051402_realtorcom.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 336

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any table is better than no table. If it has roll off or dead spots on the cushions that's all to your advantage to learn them. Then if you get serious buy a Diamond or Gold Crown.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That table looks like one of the models made by Ebonite back in the 70's and 80's. It was a low priced home table back then, maybe five or six hundred bucks and you could find them in some sporting goods stores in the Midwest. It may not even be a slate top and if it is, it's only half inch at best. They used some kind of resin impregnated wood that was a step up from fiberboard or plywood.

But if it's free and you can hit balls on it, why not. Just try to get it level and then enjoy. You don't need a great table to practice your stroke on. :smile:
When you're ready to step up to a real pool table, donate it to charity or a Boy's Club.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That table looks like one of the models made by Ebonite back in the 70's and 80's. It was a low priced home table back then, maybe five or six hundred bucks and you could find them in some sporting goods stores in the Midwest. It may not even be a slate top and if it is, it's only half inch at best. They used some kind of resin impregnated wood that was a step up from fiberboard or plywood.

But if it's free and you can hit balls on it, why not. Just try to get it level and then enjoy. You don't need a great table to practice your stroke on. :smile:
When you're ready to step up to a real pool table, donate it to charity or a Boy's Club.
Not an Ebonite but i totally agree with you here. Just enjoy it. If you find you really like playing get a good table and donate this one.