AZers in L.A? Meetup + Pool + Booze?

97Buick22

Go Blackhawks!
Silver Member
I'll be flying into L.A on the 25th of July and will have a clear day there. Will be in L.A for 3-4 days before I head over to Vegas. Besides being free on the 25th itself for the rest of the trip I might only be available in the evenings due to work.

Was wondering if any fellow AZers would be keen on meeting up to shoot some? Or if anyone can recommend a nice place it'd be great too.

Haven't figured out where to stay out though..maybe Santa Monica but I'm still looking.

A warning though...I'll be jet lagged and may lay face down on the table while shooting..I'll try to load up on caffeine :)

Jive, How about a visit to Texas! We got BBQ, Pool, Booze, Cues, Country Music. :dance:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Jive, How about a visit to Texas! We got BBQ, Pool, Booze, Cues, Country Music. :dance:

Hey Jon, that does sound incredibly tempting..I'll be sure to make a trip to Texas soon. I'll drag tommy there with me for sure, I hear he grooves well with country...

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Google maps says that it's about 20 miles away... In LA traffic, that could be anywhere between 25 minutes and 17 hours ;)

Seriously though, it's usually not that bad of a drive after about 7:00.

Hmm...got a problem..I don't think I'll be driving cos me and my coworker will be taking one car and she might be using the car. I guess I'll need to see if she needs the car, if she doesn't then I think it'll be ok. I guess we could play by ear..

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Hey Jon, that does sound incredibly tempting..I'll be sure to make a trip to Texas soon. I'll drag tommy there with me for sure, I hear he grooves well with country...

Princess has been sickly. We had to do a round of antibiotics. She is old. If you wish to meat her. Might want to plan that trip to Texas sooner than later!

Enjoy your trip!

Larry

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Princess has been sickly. We had to do a round of antibiotics. She is old. If you wish to meat her. Might want to plan that trip to Texas sooner than later!

Enjoy your trip!

Larry

Hey Larry...Is the meating bit a typo or is that a genuine offering? Don't tease a Chinese like that..we don't turn down meat...it's just not in our blood to..
Hehe I'll be sure to make that trip happen sooner than later! Most likely in October I reckon.

terminal_288

@terminal_288
Silver Member
getting from lax to hardtimes is easy just take the metro green line to lakewood blvd station and catch the 266 heading to lakewood centre. get of at artesia blvd and then get on the 130 to los cerritos centre and get off on bellflower blvd. take no time at all

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
getting from lax to hardtimes is easy just take the metro green line to lakewood blvd station and catch the 266 heading to lakewood centre. get of at artesia blvd and then get on the 130 to los cerritos centre and get off on bellflower blvd. take no time at all

Thanks for the heads up, I might just do that!! I guess I'm up for HardTimes after all!! So who's in? :)

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Hey Larry...Is the meating bit a typo or is that a genuine offering? Don't tease a Chinese like that..we don't turn down meat...it's just not in our blood to..
Hehe I'll be sure to make that trip happen sooner than later! Most likely in October I reckon.

Not a typo.. This all started when Tommy wanted compromising pictures of you, drunk, with farm animals. If princes is not to your liking. We have some goats and horses that might work.

Larry

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Jay Helfert lives real close to LAX. Last time I was there he steered me to a place just minutes from the airport, in Torrance. Can't remember the name of the hall tho. There were some decent players in there and I got some action. Maybe PM Jay?

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the heads up, I might just do that!! I guess I'm up for HardTimes after all!! So who's in? :)

I'm in... and can be there by 7:00. Keep me posted on the plans. Hopefully we can get a bunch of us together. I know that there are quite a few AZ'ers in the surrounding areas.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I'm in... and can be there by 7:00. Keep me posted on the plans. Hopefully we can get a bunch of us together. I know that there are quite a few AZ'ers in the surrounding areas.

Just don't invite Frank "dababar". He's a stone cold killer I tell ya! Hope ya'll have a blast!

wawacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

should be heading to Texas soon and also as soon as pinkie here free up his schedule, will be doing some sick Texas BBQ with ya

wawacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a typo.. This all started when Tommy wanted compromising pictures of you, drunk, with farm animals. If princes is not to your liking. We have some goats and horses that might work.

Larry

don't worry Larry, I promise you WE WILL get that pic of Jive drunk and he having orgy with farm animal :D :D

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Jay Helfert lives real close to LAX. Last time I was there he steered me to a place just minutes from the airport, in Torrance. Can't remember the name of the hall tho. There were some decent players in there and I got some action. Maybe PM Jay?

I'm sure that was Mr. Lucky's.

Sorry to say, there is not much pool near LAX. You need a car. And if you have one, go to: Hard Times Billiards - Bellflower or House of Billiards in Santa Monica (they serve beer). Danny K's in the City of Orange is ok (booze & food), but not a players room.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
don't worry Larry, I promise you WE WILL get that pic of Jive drunk and he having orgy with farm animal :D :D

you're a sick ba$tard...not sure why we're still friends... :confused::confused::confused:
i'm getting you drunk in NYC in a few days time and gonna take some nice vids for ya!

ShanksMcShankly

Grid Lock
Silver Member
are we gonna get together at Hard Times tonight?

I hope you're trip is going well and you get to has some pleasure with that business...

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
are we gonna get together at Hard Times tonight?

I hope you're trip is going well and you get to has some pleasure with that business...

Jet lag hit me hard on Thursday when I just arrived so I couldn't make it out. Had something on yesterday evening so I'm still trying to make tonight but I can't make concrete plans cos I don't drive here and the public transport system is a huge hassle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ShanksMcShankly

Grid Lock
Silver Member
Yeah man, last time I went to Indonesia I slept for 27 hours when I got to my uncles house :boring2:

and yes, public transport in Southern California SUCKS!!! I would not recommend it to a visiting foreigner at all.

I'm in Orange County so I couldn't come and pick you up but I know there are quite a few outstanding AZB'ers in LA. Maybe somebody would be kind enough to give you a lift...

Where in LA are you staying? Are you right by LAX on Century Blvd and the 405?

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Yeah man, last time I went to Indonesia I slept for 27 hours when I got to my uncles house :boring2:

and yes, public transport in Southern California SUCKS!!! I would not recommend it to a visiting foreigner at all.

I'm in Orange County so I couldn't come and pick you up but I know there are quite a few outstanding AZB'ers in LA. Maybe somebody would be kind enough to give you a lift...

Where in LA are you staying? Are you right by LAX on Century Blvd and the 405?

Yeah...it's really impossible to travel around without a car here...I asked the hotel staff how long it'd take me to get to Hardtimes and they told me 2-3hrs due to all the change in transport plus traffic..
Not sure how much it'd cost me to cab there...if its $100 bucks to cab there and back then I'd rather shoot pool on my iPad in my room..

I'm on Airport Boulevard so its right by LAX.

ShanksMcShankly

Grid Lock
Silver Member
I would never pay $100 for a cab when you could rent a car for $40 a day easy, right there by the airport. You should check it out... They may even have specials right now for late pick up early drop off...