• 20 oz.

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Heavier

Votes: 11 6.6%

• Total voters

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
How many ounces does your personal cue weigh?

Just wondering what the majority of forum users play with, or
would pull off the wall rack if they had to choose a house cue.

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just over 18oz. Lighter cues feels weird, Cues heavier than 19oz seem to mess up my speed controll.

EtDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
19.95 or 20.00 depending on the shaft. I usually use the heavier one.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I learned with 17 oz & 15 oz cues. When I bought cheap 2 pc. cues I bought the lightest one I could find & removed the weight bolt of any that had one.

I have always liked a light cue because I can always add power but it is sometimes a bit difficult to hit soft enough with a heavy cue.

My Adam Balabushka that I am now playing with is under 18 oz with the weight bolt removed & the 2 LD shafts that I am using.

I also have a clone that is lighter that brings the total down to 17 oz.

My break/jump cue is so close that I sometimes play a whole rack & when I go to get my break cue I find it in my hand.

The balance & feel of the cue is just has important as the weight of the cue.

ShanksMcShankly

Grid Lock
Silver Member
The lighter cues are where it's at! I found that my touch is much better with 18 to 18.5 but playing with a 17 feels a little weird...

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A smallish digression: What`s the cue weight of pro players like Shane, Mika, Ralf etc?

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
19.7oz, 58"

I have a theory that I might prefer something a little lighter, but I've been playing with this cue so many years I'm not sure what switching would do to my speed control. It plays well, looks good, and also has sentimental value.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i decided to give my 19 oz custom a rest and picked up a 22 oz cheap sneaky.

darn if i aint playing better than ever. i have 4 rackless matches in the last 4 weeks. almost did not make it 4 in a row last night. i missed the easiest straight in on the 8 but fortunately my opponent could not run his last 5 balls. he tried a safe but i had a little window to cut it in the side off one of his balls.

i decided to try a heavier cue for a while to remind me of my bar playing days. every bar i ever played in back in the 80's had either 21 or 22 oz cues.