First time buyer, table construction questions

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
I am looking to purchase a 8' table in the Seattle area, however there are a few interesting requirements to get the table into my condo.

1) Have a elevator that can haul 2,800 lbs, however it is not large enough for a 7' table box. It also isn't large enough for my 7' fisher table which just barely cannot fit in the elevator (with rails and cushions attached).

2) The fire-escape stairwell is also not large enough for the table box.

3) Assuming use of the elevator, there will be no stairs from the truck to the room where the table will go (Room size is 13.5' x 24')

So I need a table that can be disassembled to the point where the rails and cushions and legs come off to the point where it will fit in the elevator.

My understanding is that a 7' pro-am diamond table will not break down far enough as the box and slate are built together. What are some table options that have appropriate construction that will allow transport in the elevator?

Last edited:

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
bumping this up to see if there is any feedback on what tables (if any) can be broken down into smaller component pieces.

Feedback on what tables won't break down would also be helpful.

tjohnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An 8 ft ("pro"-8) Brunswick Gold Crown will break down into pieces small enough I was able to transport an entire table inside a Toyota Highlander with all the windows and the tailgate closed. The slate pieces are heavy though and require a couple of people to lift each one. The long-side skirts may be too long to fit into an elevator, but they are light and can easily be carried up the stairs

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am looking to purchase a 8' table in the Seattle area, however there are a few interesting requirements to get the table into my condo.

1) Have a elevator that can haul 2,800 lbs, however it is not large enough for a 7' table box. It also isn't large enough for my 7' fisher table which just barely cannot fit in the elevator (with rails and cushions attached).

2) The fire-escape stairwell is also not large enough for the table box.

3) Assuming use of the elevator, there will be no stairs from the truck to the room where the table will go (Room size is 13.5' x 24')

So I need a table that can be disassembled to the point where the rails and cushions and legs come off to the point where it will fit in the elevator.

My understanding is that a 7' pro-am diamond table will not break down far enough as the box and slate are built together. What are some table options that have appropriate construction that will allow transport in the elevator?
The Diamond 7ft ProAm breaks all the way down, and is also available with a 3 piece slate. It can be installed anywhere that any other table can be installed.....I should know, I designed it to be taken apart real easy.

Glen

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
I recently delivered this 9-foot ProAM to the 4th story of this home. I ordered the table with 3 piece steel bracket slate. Completely disassembled the frame. And up it went.

Attachments

• IMG_0236.JPG
    IMG_0236.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 490

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
Sweet mother of god.... We won't have any problems like that!!!!

I've already told Glen that there is a nice elevator with a 2,000 capacity for moving the pieces to the third floor. And i'll provide the guys to carry all the pieces.

The elevator just wont fit a fully constructed table :(

So Glen will have to take it apart for the re-cushion and felt anyway, so it's a perfect time to do the table work, then re-install in the new room.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sweet mother of god.... We won't have any problems like that!!!!

I've already told Glen that there is a nice elevator with a 2,000 capacity for moving the pieces to the third floor. And i'll provide the guys to carry all the pieces.

The elevator just wont fit a fully constructed table :(

So Glen will have to take it apart for the re-cushion and felt anyway, so it's a perfect time to do the table work, then re-install in the new room.

huh...what am I doing:eek:

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Better you than me, I'm to old for that kind of shit anymore:thumbup:

Wasn't that hard actually, The slates went up the elevator and I used the OTLBvise. I conveniently got a phone call when it was time to carry the parts up the stairs. Learned that trick from you Glen, lol.