Huge Action Alex Pagulayan vs Justin Hall LIVE July 31 who do you guys like ?

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
It's happened to all of us and it happens to the pros too. We can all play like champs when we're in our comfort zone, playing on a table we are familiar with and playing against a player we can dominate, or at least against a player we know we can play even with.

Something funny happens to your stroke and to your confidence when you're playing against a stronger player who ratchets up the pressure and makes you pay dearly for every mistake.

While in principle I understand what you're saying, Justin gambles all of the time. Did he just have a bad day? Maybe. It's interesting that he wanted to start a new set with Alex after not being able to run more than a few balls at a time in the first set.

_______

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I dont think i can name 2 times AP has lost a serious gambling set to an American- He even beat SVB in 10B in a race to 100 where he is pretty universally believed to be invincible!.

Even I was thinking that with the spot and home table advantage that Justin might eek it out. But Alex just shoots too straight. If Justin didn't miss so many nearly straight in shots, it would have been a lot closer.

_______

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While in principle I understand what you're saying, Justin gambles all of the time. Did he just have a bad day? Maybe. It's interesting that he wanted to start a new set with Alex after not being able to run more than a few balls at a time in the first set.

_______
Of course he had a bad day, actually two bad days in a row, but my point is his "bad day" is largely the result of his opponent keeping the heat on him - that is just the reality of it.

As far as wanting to play again, sounds like they should have had an agreement before the start of the session yesterday that if the first 8-ahead session wasn't an absolute multi day marathon session, the loser would have the option to try it again, same terms, if they so desired.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
In a long ahead set, I'm convinced now that the straightest shooter will prevail.

Justin can move great and bank great, but if you can't muster at least a few 8 and outs against a player like Alex, forget about it.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no idea-He may want to hold on to it for a day. When it comes to money, many people act way out of character. I know AP a little but not a thing about Roy. There may be 20 other factors that we are not privy to.

I hear Alex's camp is waiting on a surprise contender

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear Alex's camp is waiting on a surprise contender

Maybe Aranas will give JH the 8 in 10 ball or something. You're not saying Alex may have a different opponent?-If Chohan gets a flight. he could be there tonight.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Aranas will give JH the 8 in 10 ball or something. You're not saying Alex may have a different opponent?-If Chohan gets a flight. he could be there tonight.

He cant arrive with the post thoigh.

Nice win, for alex.

So strong.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm just saying i heard they were waiting on someone else.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's happened to all of us and it happens to the pros too. We can all play like champs when we're in our comfort zone, playing on a table we are familiar with and playing against a player we can dominate, or at least against a player we know we can play even with.

Something funny happens to your stroke and to your confidence when you're playing against a stronger player who ratchets up the pressure and makes you pay dearly for every mistake.

This is a good analysis from someone who understands high level pool. I don't care how good you are, when you run into someone better, your arm can freeze up and your stroke is gone! It's almost like you forgot how to play. I've seen it happen many times and had it happen to me as well. Once upon a time I was beating everybody I played until Popcorn snuck Larry Lisciotti in on me. He got my nose open for some $50 One Pocket (late 60's) and I went off for $250 before I came to my senses. I was totally helpless! ;)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Take your boy home for the night. If they play again today the outcome won't change

I agree with you there. Justin needs a break. He just took an ass whipping! After the way it ended last night I had a feeling that today would be a short day.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Any chance we could throw up the first day on the loop? It'd be nice to see a few Justin Hall games, instead of seeing him get trounced..

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a good analysis from someone who understands high level pool

understands high level pool?-That was the same guy who said Alex had virtually no chance playing that yokel 15-4, what 2 weeks ago? because it was too high of a spot-ahahahaha-Must have said it 3-4 times-He knows NOTHING on the subject or if he does know something, he just learned it in the last 2 weeks.

Here is just ONE of his insults and shows of ignorance

Quote ChrisinNC
Regardless of whether its 15, 16, or 17-4, that...

Regardless of whether its 15, 16, or 17-4, that is just plain ignorance / stupidity / greed on the part of him and/or his stake horse to think he can spot a player as good as this guy such a spot,...

Like Alex is a complete dope and makes bad games -How long could he even be following pool?

Last edited:

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
No, but seriously.. The quality of play was better overall first day.. Can we put that up in the loop?

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin, of TAR fame, had a rule of thumb, you don't bet against champion Pinoys and you don't bet against SVB.

Hall would only have a chance in a short race format, IMHO. The longer the agony continues the more the better player puts the screws to you.