Whew, these were heavy!

Attachments

• stone entrance 011619.jpg
    stone entrance 011619.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 347

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Here's one coat of poly on the white oak floors as of Tuesday. Final coat goes on today.

Getting closer to the finish line fellas. I'm thinking about installing a floating cork floor in the basement for the pool room. Would be installed on concrete. Any thoughts about the cork?

Attachments

• floor with poly.jpg
    floor with poly.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 256

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Here's some of the reclaimed white oak we repurposed from our barn for use as countertops/shelving etc. Gonna use one of the long 20' boards for a drink rail in the pool room...

Attachments

• oak counter.jpg
    oak counter.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 238

jalapus logan

Silver Member
entry is moving along...laid the stones in may spare time with the missus. Still have to apply the polymer sand in the joints. Can't wait to hit some pool balls again one day...

Attachments

• entry.jpg
    entry.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 244

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Looks great. Are those cabinets gray?

Yessir. Two tone, light and dark gray. My wife selected colors that complimented natural woods and would not distract from our SkyView...we spent good money on some killer views

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yessir. Two tone, light and dark gray. My wife selected colors that complimented natural woods and would not distract from our SkyView...we spent good money on some killer views

They just finished construction on my house... also white oak, gray kitchen w white counters.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your entire house project is beautiful

your ideas so far should guarantee years of happiness
playing pool with the family

best wishes
dean

jalapus logan

Silver Member
your entire house project is beautiful

your ideas so far should guarantee years of happiness
playing pool with the family

best wishes
dean

Thanks deanoc. The wife and I will surely be ready to move in and then be able to move on with our lives. It's been trying to say the least.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
So, I made the bold statement that we would move in somewhere around July...but I did not say WHICH July, LOL. This project has taken on a life of its own it seems. The wife and I are stubborn and we refused to work with conventional builders and we didn't want to slap up some usual ole finger jointed paint grade poplar for trim. So, went down to South Carolina and retrieved some reclaimed heart pine that my wife's grandfather aquired decades ago when he disassembled an old country store, house and/or barn. The result is some post and beam material that dates possible to around the turn of the 19th century. So our idea is to use these ancient beams to assemble our screened in porch. Not everyone gets to have mortise and tenon exposed beams...will be fun in future years.

Using some mid century pine for window trim upstairs. behold my cache, lol

Attachments

• IMG_20191216_072744.jpg
    IMG_20191216_072744.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20191216_072755.jpg
    IMG_20191216_072755.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20191220_130258.jpg
    IMG_20191220_130258.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 151

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Also picked up these approx. 1900 era folding trolley seats to mount on the walls of the pool room. Our house is modern, but adorned with antiquity throughout. Its the newest, oldest house I'm aware of, lol.

Attachments

• trolly seats.JPG
    trolly seats.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 190

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Basement floor getting finished in epoxy. I'm digging it quite a bit. Hanging the pool table light on Saturday. Jack Zimmerman coming on Monday to set up the diamond pro. I'm getting excited....

Attachments

• basement floor.jpg
    basement floor.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 120

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks great, thanks for keeping thread alive. How long did the process take? Was it a messy process?

Thanks,
Ian

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I like it, it's very pleasing to the eye. My only worry would be spending hours walking on it and whether it would lead to a sore back. I think I'm sticking with carpet tiles for mine.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Looks great, thanks for keeping thread alive. How long did the process take? Was it a messy process?

Thanks,
Ian
Whole process involved one day with the grinders, then an application of base coat, which has to dry, then the swirling pattern coat, then top coat. Applications don't take long, but need to cure between layers I guess. Very clean process, the grinders have vacuum attachments.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
I like it, it's very pleasing to the eye. My only worry would be spending hours walking on it and whether it would lead to a sore back. I think I'm sticking with carpet tiles for mine.
My old basement had unfinished concrete and I played down there for hours on end for 13 years. But I do invest in nice shoes, so there's that. Based on this past experience, I'm not concerned about it. But it's probably not for everyone

That said...it turned out sick!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Concrete looks great. I went with remnant carpet tiles because I got tired of chipped cue balls.

49725546583_f658784cff_b.jpg

jalapus logan

Silver Member
I finally walked around the floor this weekend, installed the pool table light etc. This epoxy stuff is very interesting. I think that if/when a ball hits it, it will be more forgiving than just bare concrete.

Table is getting installed today...yippee.