Match Of The Century-Orcollo v Van Boening (Nov 7-9),10ball Race to 120 (Sterling VA)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane 40-29
He ends day 1 with his biggest lead of 11 racks
Big uphill battle now for Dennis

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Shanetrain Express.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane 40-29
He ends day 1 with his biggest lead of 11 racks
Big uphill battle now for Dennis

The first 10 racks or so tomorrow will be huge. Either Shane gains momentum and builds an even larger lead, or Dennis comes out strong and closes the gap. For Dennis' sake, he doesn't want to get down 20+ racks to one of the best 10 ballers in the world. :wink:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane is just so good in this format.

If he really clobbers Dennis, will it make guys want to step-up or scare them away?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
It would take a miracle for Dennis to win this one.
He just can't string up racks like Shane because Shane breaks so much better.
Shane is also so tall with that long stick, his reach is unreal.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a feeling Orcullo will never lead from here. SVB will finish today 40 to 26.

Close guess.

Have a feeling this match will tell us what we already knew. SVB is a phenom among the greatest players today. His highest gear far surpasses other's.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gaff Game of the Century?

Have a feeling this match will tell us what we already knew. SVB is a phenom among the greatest players today. His highest gear far surpasses other's.
What we are seeing here is Shane's gaff game.

The rules for this match have even been set up to play into this gaff.
Here are some of the rules they agreed on and they kept it simple. This is a money game match between two players who been trying to play each other for quite some time now and settle it once and for all and not a tournament play or exhibition match.

-10 Ball / race to 120
-Balls will be cleaned each beginning of the day
-Winner breaks
-Rack your own / no checking of the racks
-They will be using Accurack templates

For as much money as they are supposedly playing for, it is amazing there was no neutral racker made available :eek:

Attachments

• matchrules-min.jpg
    matchrules-min.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 665

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For as much money as they are supposedly playing for, it is amazing there was no neutral racker made available :eek:

dennis is no spring chicken when it comes to rack mechanicals, which many of his opponents would attest to. rack your own usually favors him. i agree about having a neutral racker, but i doubt the score would be much different

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There’s nothing that Shane knows about the rack that Dennis doesn’t, and no sane person would agree to anything but rack-your-own for this kind of money.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
dennis is no spring chicken when it comes to rack mechanicals, which many of his opponents would attest to. rack your own usually favors him. i agree about having a neutral racker, but i doubt the score would be much different

The are both pattern racking too.
Odd number balls on one side and even numbered balls on the other side.