Pool Hall Photos From All Over.

d8nk

Noah B
Colonial Williamsburg VA

Correction, mixed up my pictures. This is a private pool room in a 2 story boat house on Stout Island Resort Island in Wisconsin. Also another cool cartoon from 1776.

Attachments

• IMG_20170818_193501.jpg
    IMG_20170818_193501.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 1,032
  • 1776.jpg
    1776.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,015
Last edited:

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Found this in a museum for Japanese American in internment camps. An old barber/poolhall in Anaheim, CA up until the war where likely the business was closed.

Attachments

• old poolhall.jpg
    old poolhall.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,015

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Found this in a museum for Japanese American in internment camps. An old barber/poolhall in Anaheim, CA up until the war where likely the business was closed.

That sure looks a lot like Joe Jost's, a poolroom/bar that is still in existence in Anaheim. It's long and narrow, just like that, with the bar on the left. By far the oldest poolroom in Southern Cal.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Canucks will play pool.....even in the Arctic Circle

View attachment 535872

I had to work in Nome, AK for a month or two, about 10-15 years ago. Part of my job included selling ice to Eskimos. :thumbup:

I got a membership to the ANB club (Alaska Native Brotherhood) while I was there. While it was predominantly a darts bar, they had an 8' in there, and a couple guys who could play a little bit.

I lost my ass throwing darts in that bar. They were used to FAR longer winters than most other Alaskans. ;)

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not even on this, Johnny?...the Upside Down Plaza....Birmingham
...playing whilst standing on your head is quite a feet

View attachment 535948
Oh yeah pt109, I can comment here, and thanks for the picture & reminder. And yes, I got the marker from the bartenders several times at both joints the write my name on walls/ceilings, lol.
Many's the time here and at the original a few blocks up on Highland Avenue. Upside Down Plaza is a Southside landamark.
I don't go to that area of Southside anymore but was sad to hear this news.
Longtime bartender found dead at home after removing an unruly patron earlier ~
https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/...ed-while-trying-to-remove-unruly-patrons.html

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
That sure looks a lot like Joe Jost's, a poolroom/bar that is still in existence in Anaheim. It's long and narrow, just like that, with the bar on the left. By far the oldest poolroom in Southern Cal.
This one's in Long Beach (not far from Anaheim)...

pj
chgo

joe jost's 2.jpg
joe jost's.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Oh yeah pt109, I can comment here, and thanks for the picture & reminder. And yes, I got the marker from the bartenders several times at both joints the write my name on walls/ceilings, lol.
Many's the time here and at the original a few blocks up on Highland Avenue. Upside Down Plaza is a Southside landamark.
I don't go to that area of Southside anymore but was sad to hear this news.
Longtime bartender found dead at home after removing an unruly patron earlier ~
https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/...ed-while-trying-to-remove-unruly-patrons.html

You made me remember that we had a Walker up here in Toronto....
..haven’t seen him since the late 90s...his name was Jason...hence Jay Walker....:)
He had a similar personality as your Walker...wherever he chose to work, it became a
moneymaker.
Last time I saw was because I got a call from a friend who needed a drive home....
...he was hammered.....when I went into the bar, Leo’s...everybody probably needed a
ride home....and Jay Walker was dancing on the counter....:happydance:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tokyo. Shibuya District, I forgot name, but Japan open was held there, pre 2012 or so...iirc.

Pic is gone, slowpoke.

Last edited:

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The local Center for Active Generations pool room. Day before a Grand Reopening three months after a Tornado damaged the roof and windows. Thrown out were a 10 ft snooker, 4 GC 9 ft tables, an AMF 9 and a home version 8 ft table due to water damage. These pictures were taken yesterday, tables were set up on Monday by Marc O. from Fargo.

Five new Diamonds and a 10 ft Olhausen snooker table with Simonis. Fantastic room now and only about $100 per year to play here.

Attachments

• 20191203_121324.jpg
    20191203_121324.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 502
  • PoolRoom2.JPG
    PoolRoom2.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pool Hall in St Joseph, MO

Does anyone have pictures of the Pool room in St Joseph, MO... it has a mezzanine & I think it may be in a Hotel. I think it has GREAT potential to be a Show Place.

I may be moving & that place has always been something I was interested in possibly fixing up... It would be like a Movie Palace

BUT, not knowing all the particulars, PARKING was a Problem, if I remember correctly...

Last edited:

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
I love, in the older photo, the gas light and above that, an electric bulb?

Kinda strange.

Beautiful room.

Jeff Livingston

Based on the updated photo, I would rather believe that we are seeing an optical illusion. The electric light is in front of the old gas light. From the angle the photo was taken the electric light appears above the gas light.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Does anyone have pictures of the Pool room in St Joseph, MO... it has a mezzanine & I think it may be in a Hotel. I think it has GREAT potential to be a Show Place.

I may be moving & that place has always been something I was interested in possibly fixing up... It would be like a Movie Palace

BUT, not knowing all the particulars, PARKING was a Problem, if I remember correctly...

Dan Tull, owner of Shooters in Olathe, KS put that pool room together. Pierre ran it (now deceased).
Will Prout