Gold Crown 4 Cushions.

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got a Gold Crown 4. Cushions seem to rebound real slow. I am using it in an unheated and unfinished basement. Temp about 55 to 60 degrees. Does this have any effect?
Place I got it from would replace cushions for just the cost of the cushions. No Labor cost.
Which cushions should I select if I decide to have them replaced.
Thanks in advance for your advise.

Don

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
My table speeds up a little when my basement warms up, it is cooler like yours. I think the cloth made way more of a difference than my cushions on my Gold Crown II as far as table speed. My table was built with Monarch Super Speeds, I had them replaced with Artemis cushions but the sub-rails had to be modified for them. I think on a GCIV its just a matter of installing new cushions, it should have a current profile on it already.

Last edited:

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My table speeds up a little when my basement warms up, it is cooler like yours. I think the cloth made way more of a difference than my cushions on my Gold Crown II as far as table speed. My table was built with Monarch Super Speeds, I had them replaced with Artemis cushions but the sub-rails had to be modified for them. I think on a GCIV its just a matter of installing new cushions, it should have a current profile on it already.

Thanks for your reply.
I have new 760 on the table and cushions. The balls just die coming off the cushions especially straight on .
Don

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told that if you can slam a ball off the rail and have it go across the table (short ways, not long ways) 4 and 1/2 times the rails are fine.

Can you do that to yours?

DCP

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I was told that if you can slam a ball off the rail and have it go across the table (short ways, not long ways) 4 and 1/2 times the rails are fine.

Can you do that to yours?

DCP

I am sure they mean the long way up and down the table with this test. Thats about what I get on my GCII with new Artemis cushions and Simonis 860.