American Sniper.
Old
  (#1)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

American Sniper. - 01-13-2017, 04:43 PM

Watched it last evening on Netflix. I enjoyed it myself. But after buying a couple of rifles and getting back into hunting and Range Shooting, I have been watching quite a few videos on Snipers and Target Shooting too.

Anway, watching reviews of the movie later on UTube, you get to listen to all of his detractors, calling him a liar for supposedly falsifying certain passages and stories in the book. I don't need to get into how much of the book is true compared to events in the movie.

Of course, Hollyweird if always going to taken a certain amount of Artistic License with any True Story to make it a block buster. Did anyone think that they wouldn't a bit.

I thought that a lot of it was likely very close. His personal life before and later after returning. His struggle with PTSD and then finding solace in helping other Vets.

The movie didn't dwell on him being a Cold Blood Killer and the book actually talked more about how much he actually did love his job and what he was doing. Well, what was he doing. He was Killing people, not any different than soldiers that were sweeping houses and so on.

From what he said, and other Sniper interviews, they take their job seriously. They are there to protect their comrades on the ground, and the few times that they fail, they do feel terrible about it.

Some were taking umbrage over the fact that they felt that he was a Racist and enjoyed killing people. Well, what do you expect to happen. When in Boot Camp, they change your over all personality and emotions. Because you have a certain job to do and that is what they want of you. Anything less is unacceptable.

And after, when they come back home and not using their weapons on a daily basis, what do they expect to happen when the average Soldier starts to relive what they did and saw over the period of time that they were deployed.

I am sure that my own Father had a certain amount of PTSD, and that was before they knew what it was. He was a quiet man that generally showed little emotion. And this, just from what my Mother told to me.

The Canadian Airborne regiment was disbanded many years ago when they found out what they were up to in their hazing Rituals.

The Canadian Airborne were good guys, I knew one or 2. They were once deployed to some African Country as part of Nato's Peace Keeping Force.

One night, they had found a local has breached their perimeter and was crawling around on his belly. Well, he was shot and killed before being detained, and this caused a bit of controversy.

What did they expect to happen when you take a bunch of kids, really, and train the shite out of them, make them natural killers, and then put the lot of them into a Peace Keeping Roll. Did they think that the guy would have been given rations and cigarettes. FK, he was as good as a Dead Man Crawling. He had crawled into the wrong compound is what he did.

They train the shite outta these young people, and then change the rules of engagement so as to tie their hands behind their backs that have to ask permission in order to use their weapons.

And of course, this entire Jesse Ventura thing. Jesse won the case and has sued.

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie for what it was.

How about you guys.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: