Cue experts question

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Why does it bother you so much??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Seriously.

:rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1:

Last edited:

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Why does it bother you so much??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Seriously.

:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
It does have George balabushka signature on it. I'm really sorry guys I'm in the middle of recovering the table at the moment. I will try to get pics posted later today. It appears to be chrome steel joint on the forearm with a brass insert in the shaft.. 4 point veneer.

Probably not this cue but it will have the same signature, it it does then its the replica / tribute or whatever people like to call them. Made by Adam cue company. Not worthless but not worth a lot. Someone with better knowledge can chime in but the 20 year story doesnt sound right, those havenet been out that long...have they:shrug:

Attachments

• Balabushka-GB9-1200.jpg
    Balabushka-GB9-1200.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 475

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
it does have george balabushka signature on it. I'm really sorry guys i'm in the middle of recovering the table at the moment. I will try to get pics posted later today. It appears to be chrome steel joint on the forearm with a brass insert in the shaft.. 4 point veneer.

$850

??????????????

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
why does it bother you so much??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Seriously.

priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Probably not this cue but it will have the same signature, it it does then its the replica / tribute or whatever people like to call them. Made by Adam cue company. Not worthless but not worth a lot. Someone with better knowledge can chime in but the 20 year story doesnt sound right, those havenet been out that long...have they:shrug:

I think over 30 years

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw this when first posted.

Thought about answering and didn't.

Glad I didn't. LOL!

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I think over 30 years

Its possible, thats longer than I been around cues. I was thinking I remembered the Balabushka copies coming out in the early 2000's. I know for sure a friend of mine had one of the first few models and that was post 2005 ish. Only reason I remember is because I sent it off for a refinish and it got lost, only cue I ever had get lost in transit. I insured for $500 and he made out like a bandit :grin:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Its possible, thats longer than I been around cues. I was thinking I remembered the Balabushka copies coming out in the early 2000's. I know for sure a friend of mine had one of the first few models and that was post 2005 ish. Only reason I remember is because I sent it off for a refinish and it got lost, only cue I ever had get lost in transit. I insured for $500 and he made out like a bandit :grin:

The official approval that Adam Cues got from the Balabushka Family was October 1987.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe this will clarify things just a little

Attachments

• gb1.jpg
    gb1.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 396
  • gb2.jpg
    gb2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 413
  • gb3.jpg
    gb3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 404
  • gb4.jpg
    gb4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 400

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only original I’ve every seen was not that great looking. It was dry and the inlays were not that impressive.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
WDK account

I never did that, I used a different technique. When the wife asked how much a new toy cost, "Baby, it was only $3000." She would go up like a rocket on the Fourth of July! After a few minutes I would tell her that it was only $750. She would cool off instantly. "That's a lot better then." Funny thing, if I had told her $750 to begin with she would have been just as mad but then I wouldn't have a fall back plan!

Always wondered about a friend's wife management plan. When he decided to make a big purchase or already had it on order he would wine and dine her, bring her flowers and candy, the full court press like when you are dating and fixing to pop the question or you got drunk and porked her sister. I never was sure who was managing who!

I thought twenty years had the cue well into the Adams era too so I wasn't getting too excited. I see somebody is selling Ballabushas on e-bay and around now. Guess they are just fishing for one sucker. There is a pool table for sale right now, supposed to have been a prop in The Hustler. Somehow I still don't see the $53,000 they are asking for a table.

Hu