Pechauer coming with carbon fiber shaft

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I HIGHLY doubt they off anything but THEIR pin.

You realize any shaft made for "their pin" fits a standard 5/16 14 right? The joint diameter Pechauer uses is a hair larger (.845 or .850 IIRC), but not enough to notice.

In fact, to convert a regular 5/16 14 shaft inserted shaft to fit on a Pechauer, only requires boring the insert to the proper depth/diameter and it will fit too.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not sure how long this has been up, but pechauer now has a page on their site for a waiting list for their carbon fiber shaft: https://pechauer.com/waiting-list/

Pechauer Carbon shafts are coming soon! We are in the final stages of testing.

Available in 12.4 mm Extended Pro taper and 11.8 Modified Straight taper
Short white ferrule
Tip to be announced
ETA 2-3 months
MSRP est. $450

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was informed today that Pechauer will be coming to market this summer with their carbon fiber shaft. It's nice to see more & more options becoming available.

I tried every carbon fiber shaft I could. Mezz, Jacoby, Meucci, Pechauer, and I own a Revo. I must say the Pechauer felt the best by a pretty good margin. I really like my Revo, but the Pechauer had the best most solid feel of the bunch. Also, it was possibly the lowest deflection of the bunch. It has a nice long taper, a decent sized white ferrule. What puzzled me is I was testing out the pivot point, and it seems much shorter than the others. Yet the overall squirt seemed the lowest with any bridge length. Hard to understand.

I would LOVE to get one of these the most of all of them. Seems like it will be a killer product!

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried every carbon fiber shaft I could. Mezz, Jacoby, Meucci, Pechauer, and I own a Revo. I must say the Pechauer felt the best by a pretty good margin. I really like my Revo, but the Pechauer had the best most solid feel of the bunch. Also, it was possibly the lowest deflection of the bunch. It has a nice long taper, a decent sized white ferrule. What puzzled me is I was testing out the pivot point, and it seems much shorter than the others. Yet the overall squirt seemed the lowest with any bridge length. Hard to understand.

I would LOVE to get one of these the most of all of them. Seems like it will be a killer product!

KMRUNOUT

Did you try the 11.8 or 12.4 pechauer? What length was it?

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KMRUNOUT

Did you ever try a Becue Prime-M? If you did, how does it compare with other shafts, for you?

I have it (the 12.5) and its great for me, really awesome shaft, but I didn't try any other CF shaft so I'm interested to know how it compares with others, especially in deflection.

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
The pechauer definitely doesn't have the ping noise alot of the others have, i ordered 5 as soon as i got the email. Still no word on when, or what tip. I believe it will have a long taper like the black and revo. I asked about other pins and they said not a first.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, can anyone explain the difference between " 12.4 mm Extended Pro taper and 11.8 Modified Straight taper"? is a modified straight taper conical?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Yeah seems to be a great market for them. Of course $400 - $500 for a shaft is gonna be to expensive for some of the pool playing population. Especially those that live check to check or have countless other hobbies.

If the serious pool players tries it and finds it works for them, they will buy it.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, can anyone explain the difference between " 12.4 mm Extended Pro taper and 11.8 Modified Straight taper"? is a modified straight taper conical?

They told me the modified taper was the same as their wooden LD shafts in the 11.75 mm (P-Lite) version.

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have not heard much lately, who’s got one, what do you think about it?
I got an e-mail from them and they said there was a delay in production so they could get the shaft to perform as they wanted and they would not be shipping them until mid-September.