Freezer's Ice House

djoverboard

Registered
I was in phoenix last week and figured I'd stop at Freezer's to check the place out and play a few games and maybe catch Scott Frost in the room. I was able to do all of the above. I stopped in on Thursday afternoon with my future father in law, he is not a pool player and hadn't played in many years. He was immediately impressed, as was I. Diamond 7ft and 9 foot tables filled a large room 26 tables if i remember correctly. A full bar area, a section with dart boards, two corn hole sets and ping pong. Being Thursday afternoon around 2pm it was slow but maybe six tables going. I had hoped to catch Scott playing and was not disappointed he was just setting up to play some one pocket. I played 8ball on a near by bar box so I was able to watch and listen as Scott basically gave a lesson freely sharing information and knowledge. On our way out i was able to get Scott's attention and tell him I thought it was a great room. Scott was very friendly asking if i was on facebook and if i wanted a picture he had his opponent take the pics and texted them to me and we licked up on FB . As i mentioned really friendly said he'd love to shoot a game anytime. I joked that I'd give him some one pocket lessons. the room was very clean and the staff very accommodating. The bartender came out and made the rounds keeping everyone's drinks full and taking food orders. they had a good beer list I didn't sample any food, overall a great experience i would recommend checking it out if you are in the Phoenix /Tempe area

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I live in the Valley of the Sun, never have been to Freezers. Think Scott understand customer service, talking to people, has food, drink, etc. As I hear he has a nice place.

The Ice House is an hour drive, hope Scott make it. IMHO it tought to make it in business these days. Pool Room is tought at best with the cost of over head everyday before you open.

Sadly I can count the number of places I use to go for Tournment that have folded over the time I have been in Valley. Bars, Rooms, etc.

Like I said hope Scott can keep the place open and make a profit.