Never Again Having a Cue / Shaft / Case Shipped USPS

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Send a thank you note to Louis DeJoy who was appointed to run the Post Office this past June.
Immediately after enacting new changes, which have been discussed ad nauseam, mail was late.

In fact, the Inspector General has examined this and found his changes have caused delays, lost
packages and enormous backlogs that affected everyone, especially small business owners and
the Veteran’s Administration’s mail delivery of prescription drugs to Vets. The situation is just awful.

However, last week a Federal Judge Stanley Bastian ruled that the changes DeJoy implemented
were improper since the very nature of what was done required prior approval of the USPS Board
of Governors. As an aside, the Judge noted his actions promoted voter disenfranchisement.

DeJoy has zero experience with the US Postal system, did not conduct impact studies of the changes
prior to being implemented which is standard operating procedure at USPS, never reviewed these
changes with the Board of Governors for their approval as is required and service started deteriorating
in June after he enacted these changes. Furthermore, yesterday another Federal Judge in New York
ruled that DeJoy must treat all election ballot mail as first class mail. Because of the things that DeJoy
has done, USPS service is not only being undermined but is being subjected to actual sabotage by him.
Two different Federal Judges have ruled to reverse the changes. So yes, USPS is experiencing serious
problems and sadly, it’s due to political motives. Remember that USPS has a 91% approval rating.

Now you can complain about service before DeJoy took over but any problems people are having since
this past June when he was at the helm, that’s on the politics of this and it’s obvious where it comes from.
Louis DeJoy’s greatest single job qualification was he is a major donor and fundraiser for the President.
Postal employees deserve better than getting blamed for problems created by this inept Postmaster General.
USPS letter volume has been on the decline for yrs , however they had new FSS sorting machines put in that handle the work of several of the other sorters so thier was already plans in action taking out the smaller sorters ,
The union has had a problem with the newer type because it eliminates jobs , so there has been some funny business going on with how was being directed, leaving the FSS sortiers only working at 40 pct compacity, the false notion by the democratics saying they are taking the sorting machines out and inpacting the ability of the mail getting through is simply not the case , those FSS machines at 10 mil a pop can handle the load and then some ,
It's all about the transportation and extra mail handlers needed to handle the extra load , that's already stressed because of the high volume of ecomerence sales because of Covid ,
What a lot of people don't know is all of the delivery companies use USPS in some form so shipping through one of those doesn't always guarantee the mail stays in their hands
Just for the record I'm a supt for a general contractor and all I do is postal work going on 15 yrs and have done many jobs in multiple main sorting plants so I'm not plucking off the wall

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I get numerous orders from Seyberts. Cues and shafts are normally shipped UPS or Fedex ground, and I always without fail get them in 2 days (not including Saturday/Sunday), Michigan to North Carolina. When I order small stuff which can be sent out in a mailer, I normally select USPS Priority to save significant shipping fees, and I normally still get them in 3-4 days (not including Sunday).

I ordered a break cue and a Revo shaft for a customer of mine through my Seyberts online account on Thursday, September 10. As he wasn't in a huge hurry for it, to save roughly $10 I chose USPS Priority delivery for the shipping method. Was that ever a huge mistake.

Checking the tracking information, the shipment was scanned in at the USPS Grand Rapids, Michigan distribution center the next day, Friday, September 11. It is now Tuesday, September 22, and there hasn't been any additional scanning update as to where the shipment might be or when it can be expected. The only updated notation was on Friday, September 18, indicating the shipment will arrive later than expected but is still on it's way in transit to the next facility, but no tracking to indicate where the shipment is.

I called my Seyberts account rep today and they said this is not unusual for USPS Priority shipments, and that I needed to wait at least another week before considering re-ordering the cue and/or reporting a claim to USPS. Fortunately my customer has been very understanding as to my situation, but this has put me in a very embarrassing situation, as I'd virtually assured them I'd have the cue no later than late last week.

Very frustrating and I've learned my lesson - I will never order or send out another cue or shaft via USPS again!

I use the Postal Service a lot. Never had problems. Excellent service.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the Postal Service a lot. Never had problems. Excellent service.

OP is a good guy. He was probably hoping to start a conversation to get a feel if others were experiencing like issues. Unfortunately that doesn't always happen online. Best of luck with your next shipping Chris.

BTW, if any of you good folks are ever remotely close to Boone, NC, do yourselves a huge favor and swing by his place. Country Retreat Family Billiards

Keith

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All shippers are an issue now- today I was supposed to sign for a cue being received via Fed Ex- I saw the Fed Ex truck on my street- right near my home and asked the Fed Ex driver for my cue (package) - she said that she had NO packages for me!-- I said - yes you do! Here is the tracking on my phone- to be delivered to this address by you and signed for by me today!
She went back into the truck for 10 minutes and came out with my cue - they can't even track what is on their own truck-

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My fedex ground got delivered today. It was on the truck “out for delivery” for 10 days. This was to a commercial address as well.

Moral of the story is this is the new norm. Don’t get your panties in a wad if your delivery is 15 days late. Regardless of the carrier.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
FedEx sucked before the pandemic. Ground, Express, Overnight. They all suck.

My girl was expecting a pre-loaded debit card. FedEx tracking showed it delivered. She went to the door, no package. Lives in an apartment, so looked at neighbors doors, nothing. Down to main level, nothing. Around trash containers, nothing. She called the bank, they cancelled the card and shipped another overnight, with another overnight fee.

Two days later, package was there, card would not activate. It was the first package finally being delivered.
Next day, tracking showed second card delivered, no package. Did not cancell this one, waited a couple more days and package arrived.

They all suck!