finally, I won't have to borrow a cue

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
For the last three months I have had to borrow a cue. Every time I played. Finished this one up today.

padauk%20butterfy%20cue.jpg

padauk%20butterfly%20fore%20arm.jpg

Thanks for looking

Larry Vigus

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
That one looks good Larry. Maybe someone won't offer you that magic number for it and you'll get to enjoy it for a while. Keep up the good work.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
larry ,i really like the looks of this one

i like the points and fancy stuff

i bet someone buys it before you get used to it

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I hope it was worth the wait
3-months really isn't that long of a wait from most cuemakers these days.
You're lucky he was taking orders><:smile:

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
For the last three months I have had to borrow a cue. Every time I played. Finished this one up today.

padauk%20butterfy%20cue.jpg

padauk%20butterfly%20fore%20arm.jpg

Thanks for looking

Larry Vigus

And I'm sure all your buddies had a lot of fun with "the cue maker having to borrow a cue". I'm sure you're happy that's over.

Btw, what was the k code in '63? Falcon, Fairlane?

Ben

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like I remember something about the ShoeMaker's kids had no shoes ??? Lot of truth to that , everytime I build ME a new cue someone else likes it better .

Take care , Jim

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
So that's who you made the cue for! Tsk...thought you were making that cue for a better player ;)
Rule of thumb is no cue maker should be using anything more than a Merry Widow with any finishing! If you're using something nice with great finishing on then you are not working hard enough! :)

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
i'm also curious

In 1963 you could get the k code engine in a Fairlane or a Cobra. I didn't have a Cobra. I have had a lot of neat cars, but of all the ones I sold. I miss the 63 Fairlan most.

Larry

Last edited:

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
So that's who you made the cue for! Tsk...thought you were making that cue for a better player ;)
Rule of thumb is no cue maker should be using anything more than a Merry Widow with any finishing! If you're using something nice with great finishing on then you are not working hard enough! :)

Life would be so much simpler if we all just used house cues!

I was playing next to Buddy Hall today. He asked if the cue was a Woodworth. Since we were both in a match, I just said no sir. A little while later he asked if I was sure it wasn't a Woodworth. I said I was pretty sure. Then explained I had just finished it yesterday. It's great having strangers ask about the cue you are playing with.

Larry

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
Life would be so much simpler if we all just used house cues!

I was playing next to Buddy Hall today. He asked if the cue was a Woodworth. Since we were both in a match, I just said no sir. A little while later he asked if I was sure it wasn't a Woodworth. I said I was pretty sure. Then explained I had just finished it yesterday. It's great having strangers ask about the cue you are playing with.

Larry

That's one for the resume! Nice cue, great story

Ben

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Black mail works. I know all the builders secretes.

Larry

It is interesting to see what some people will go through, just to get a good pool cue to play with.
Never thought about digging up dirt on your favorite cuemaker, but it sounds like a
good way to get moved up on the wait list.

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
It is interesting to see what some people will go through, just to get a good pool cue to play with.
Never thought about digging up dirt on your favorite cuemaker, but it sounds like a
good way to get moved up on the wait list.

Or find out their favorite beer!

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
What qbilder said. About time to put the padauk leftovers to rest. Nice looking cue as always Larry.