I'M Crushed and destroyed by USPS

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was planning on posting two beautiful cues today, however USPS decided to postpone that with their LOUSY INSURED shipping damage. Imagine how the cues look... )>:

REALLY A BIG BUMMER!!!!

John

howardthedick

BIG Head Club
Silver Member
usps

They just sent me an empty tube took out my josswest and taped it back. When you ask what happened they reply don't know sorry about your luck..

RayBell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ooooof!!!!!

That doesn't look good. But, on more than one occasion, I have received a box that look just like that. I expected the worst. But, when I opened them, the cues were in perfect condition.

Hope it works out for you....

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that!

My friend just got a brand new beautiful SW last Friday and the box had been damaged and there was only a slight dent on the butt sleeve.

Laurie is going to fix it. He got very lucky.

Rick

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Almost every box shows up raped.

Even so, no damage to contents so far.
Good luck Mr. John,
Nick

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Welcome to the club

That box looks a lot like the one this Black Boar was shipped in.Overnight and insured.They (USPS) denied the insurance claim.Good luck.
BB broken by USPS.jpg

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow sorry to see that john. I always have used this service and shipped my cues in a hard shell tube never a problem. Been lucky i guess for the last 20 + years. Hope all works out for you sir! Oh what kind of cues are they?

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought FED EX insuranceand shipped a knife to a guy for the purchase price of $3800. FED Ex destroyed it be cracking the MOP handle. They denied the claim saying a knifeworth that much was collectable and they do not insure collectables. Read the fine print. I was pissed

ironchef.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I learned from Will Prout early on to use PVC tube or a cue case inside the shipping box for any of the carriers. I actually keep a spare 1x2 tube type case around for trades. I would send the seller/buyer my cue in the case and ask that they send their cue back in the same case. Sorry to see this happen to you. Hope there's a positive outcome.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't understand the practice of shipping expensive fragile cues in less than rigid tubes?

At the end of the day the extra effort and cost is negligible and forgotten quickly. But the hassle to collect insurance and replacements for broken cues leaves a bad taste forever.

I just sent a Scruggs to someone and I packed it in a "bad" GTF case just to make sure it was protected from anything but catastrophic damage.

ADAM HENSON

---🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟--
Silver Member
I've had similar issues myself..!!..no damage thank god!

Last edited:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Oh man...I feel sick in the stomach just looking at it...
Question is is the cue ok? Would like to see what happened to the cue???

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Not even my cue but that box made my heart sink hope everything works out for u :eek:

Rivhardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with many of the other posters. I can not believe sellers are sending cues in just that cardboard tube. Not just sellers, but even cue makers. I have had two recent cues received close to that condition. I mean, come on, saving a buck means that much!! Use PVC or ABS plastic in addition to the packing tube...

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh man...I feel sick in the stomach just looking at it...
Question is is the cue ok? Would like to see what happened to the cue???

Mr. Jerry (that's my name for him when we talk, after all, he's an eager 72 yr. old. man with eyes on today's desires!!! ...)

Jerry Rauenzahn called today very concerned from what he saw!!! I could genuinly hear how he wanted to find out what had happened to his work.

We were VERY .... I MEAN VERY LUCKY. I didn't have to open the package to remove the two cues. Mr. Jerry double bubble wrapped the cues and shafts, AND added 3" of additional bubble wrap at each end.

That's what saved the cues in delivery.

Otherwise...

this was NOT to be a pretty ending.....

I was able to soak, turn, and sand the shafts that had damage, and butts were OK THANK GOD!!!!

I was fearful the pins were bent, or knocked out of center. However, they are not.... YEAH!!!

Maybe I can show the Sister cues Monday.

John

onefastmfn71

21 oz ebony....old school
Silver Member
damage

I feel for you, but the fact can not be ignored these USPS triangle boxes are horribly inadequate for shipping cues.
I have received three damaged cues because of those pieces of garbage.
Anytime I buy a cue now I warn the seller do not ship my cue in those triangles unless they will be putting a rigid tube inside it.

This one resulted in a cracked handle on a $1000.00+ vintage Runde Schon I purchased a while back. Not the one in my signature thank God.

picture.php

Last edited:

Zirroe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always ship it express, less often seen damaged boxes through that service