Steve Dunkel

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
On Black Friday I bought a Dunkel cue from Steve Dunkel. I picked the cue up at his shop and we played a few games and told a few stories since we are both from the same field.

Anyway the cue is very nice, the finish is superb, it was perfectly balanced for my taste, and the cocobolo wood he used had a lot of character. A nice looking cue.

I'd been playing with an OB cue so getting used to the 4 oz maple shafts took a little time. Now after about a month I would never go back to the OB, as a matter of fact I unloaded them at fire sale prices.

This is far from his fanciest cue but is classically beautiful and suits my taste just right. I love the way it plays and would recommend anyone in the market for a quality cue to give Steve some consideration.

Attachments

• IMG_3769.jpg
    IMG_3769.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 944
  • IMG_3767.jpg
    IMG_3767.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_3763.jpg
    IMG_3763.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 886

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congrats on this beauty:smile::smile::smile:
As you said the cue isn't as much fancy but at the same time is a stunner and the wood used in the cue is gorgeous.I like the wrap too and matches nicely to the rest of the cue.
So,you have be proud on your new pick up and have no doubts this cue plays superb as all Steve's cues:smile::smile::smile:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I own 6 of Steve's cues and have a 7th incoming. They hit great and his performance shafts also play amazing. He is also one hell of a guy. Live near him as well so get to stop & hang out with him too.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I own 6 of Steve's cues and have a 7th incoming. They hit great and his performance shafts also play amazing. He is also one hell of a guy. Live near him as well so get to stop & hang out with him too.

Post some pics if you like. Would love to see them.

gregnice37

Silver Member
Haven't had much luck getting pics up on the site but will try when I get home tonight from work

gregnice37

Silver Member
The 2 single pics above are obviously not in the group photo yet, will take all new pics when I get the recent purchase in and cleaned up.

Here are individual pics of the 5 in the group photo.

RayBell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice!!!

Those are some very nice cues. I own 3 Dunkel cues. They are all fantastic.

And, Steve is a great man. It would be hard to find a nicer guy... :thumbup:

gregnice37

Silver Member
Those are some very nice cues. I own 3 Dunkel cues. They are all fantastic.

And, Steve is a great man. It would be hard to find a nicer guy... :thumbup:

Yeach he is cool for sure. I gotta head to his place soon, have some work that needs to be done, can't wait to hang a little bit again.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The more I play with it the better I like it. Well balanced with a solid, predictable, hit.