Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Juma

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Titan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cuetipper

Registered
I am sure that we all firmly believe, and rightly so, that we have a secret source that supplies us with special product that no one else knows about. Right! Having said that there is likely a measure of truth there. But there are no government secrets to be protected here.
Also after speaking with several custom cue makers it seems that everyone has a personalized way of doing the same thing.
For example: It is true that the more cuts you but on a shaft prior to termination the better. I know NOBODY here does so in three passes?.but I meet someone who claimed to cut no less than thirty five time prior to sanding?THIRTY FIVE TIMES!
Also he claims he dips it ten times. He would not tell me with what but we all know right? Well maybe not.
So I thought this might make a good sub board for the forum.
We already have a place for table mechanics so how about one for cue builders?
A place to share information regarding all those closely guarded trade secrets and stuff.
Maybe keep things anonymous by placing direct questions in a poll so others can?t say ? so n so does this..ha ha ha hs?

Kinda like this:
What is your preferred ferrule style?

Last edited:

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
There is such a place, in the "ask the cuemaker" board.

I prefer a high grade melamine ferrule, fully threaded on & uncapped. It's not a rocket science, nor a secret. Different strokes for different folks. Each will use what works best for them.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My secret source is AZ Billiards. Anything I need I ask and someone supplies the information on it.

Tonight I put on my first layered tip entirely by hand - well I did cheat a little and used a trimmer from Korea after I had trimmed off most of the sides with a razor blade and then filed the side with a file.

When I was done it was PERFECT and I went on to win 1000 - 1000 RMB that is - about $135. Did I mention that I started the tip during a race to nine and finished by the time the score was 7-5 for me?

cuetipper

Registered
LOL...The poll Iplaced was mearly an example of what I thought we might do.
Concepts for the polls wouldbe added by the members. Such as taper specs, ricg thickens, drilling / threading techniques...etc.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB Cases said:
My secret source is AZ Billiards. Anything I need I ask and someone supplies the information on it.

Tonight I put on my first layered tip entirely by hand ... Did I mention that I started the tip during a race to nine and finished by the time the score was 7-5 for me?

That is chuck Norris type stuff.

Oh no. Please let him take mercy on me for not capitalizing His first name. I will fix it right now:
That is Chuck Norris type stuff.