Wtb: Porper Model B Lathe

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
cuerepair1969 said:
As The Tilte Says. Anybody Have One F/s

I am not trying to sell mine, however, I will offer the following advise. If you can't afford a new one be very careful buying a used on one. Many people have made modifications without knowing what they are doing, which will cause many problems. In addition over the last four years Porper has upgraded all the electronics, the Motor, and also made many other changes to these machines. Many of the current parts they sell may no longer fit certain components of older models. However, the older lathe can be sent back to them for upgrade. I recently had to send the control box and head assembly of my repair lathe back for a new circuit board, and while it was there they completely upgraded the whole thing for me. I have been very happy with my machines and the service I received from Porper.

You may also want to contact a member of this forum about a B-Lathe, his user name and his name is Michael Webb, Michael is a custom cue maker and he knows as much as anyone about these lathes. He may also have a lead on one that is for sale.

In the end though it may be best to just buy one new, that way you will have a upgraded machine and no problems.

Take care

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
What Craig said is dead on, However, you can still buy the boards and parts to fix the boards from Minarik electric, They had the original contract for building the electrical components at their center in California.The original motors are also still available from the company that made the motors. The new motors will fit but you have to drill a couple of holes to mount it. You may get lucky second hand, but I would say unless you have experiance, Better to buy new from Porper.

Grumpy

Senior Citizen
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Porper

These guys are right on, I have seen some real nightmares with used Porper lathes.
BE VERY CAREFUL !

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
manwon said:
I am not trying to sell mine, however, I will offer the following advise. If you can't afford a new one be very careful buying a used on one. Many people have made modifications without knowing what they are doing, which will cause many problems. In addition over the last four years Porper has upgraded all the electronics, the Motor, and also made many other changes to these machines. Many of the current parts they sell may no longer fit certain components of older models. However, the older lathe can be sent back to them for upgrade. I recently had to send the control box and head assembly of my repair lathe back for a new circuit board, and while it was there they completely upgraded the whole thing for me. I have been very happy with my machines and the service I received from Porper.

You may also want to contact a member of this forum about a B-Lathe, his user name and his name is Michael Webb, Michael is a custom cue maker and he knows as much as anyone about these lathes. He may also have a lead on one that is for sale.

In the end though it may be best to just buy one new, that way you will have a upgraded machine and no problems.

Take care
Thank you for this advice on the Porper lathes. I have an old Cue-smith lathe that i've considered upgrading and your post has me thinking more about a Porper lathe now. Rep for you and thanks again.......

James

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
180   0   0
I know a guy who has two.
He does want to sell them, I dont know the price.
I will find out tomorrow.
I will PM you the price.

LPCUSTOMCUES