2015 China Open 9ball (2-5 July2015) Shanghai

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Pulling for young gun Morra ,,

Albin is as young as Morra.

Funny thing, in 2004/2005 I was living in Adelaide Australia and they had the world 9-ball juniors there. The field that year had:

Morra
Klatt
Albin
and
Wu Chia Ching

All 4 of those guys 10 years later are all playing world class pro pool. Not one of them won the juniors that year, another kid defended that title for the 3rd year in a row!

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another strong showing from all the euro players
Hope morra wins he deserves a roll
As he had some unlucky 2nd place finishes of late

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Funny thing, in 2004/2005 I was living in Adelaide Australia and they had the world 9-ball juniors there. The field that year had:

Morra
Klatt
Albin
and
Wu Chia Ching

All 4 of those guys 10 years later are all playing world class pro pool. Not one of them won the juniors that year, another kid defended that title for the 3rd year in a row!
Wu Yu Lun?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wu Yu Lun?

Yes. Wu Yu-Lun -- World Junior 9-Ball Champion (Boys) -- 2004 (Adelaide), 2005 (Velden, Austria), and 2006 (Sydney).

Interestingly, he beat Wu Chia-Ching in 2004 and Ko Pin-Yi in 2006. The latter then won it the next two years.

[per WPA website and Wiki]

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. Wu Yu-Lun -- World Junior 9-Ball Champion (Boys) -- 2004 (Adelaide), 2005 (Velden, Austria), and 2006 (Sydney).

Interestingly, he beat Wu Chia-Ching in 2004 and Ko Pin-Yi in 2006. The latter then won it the next two years.

[per WPA website and Wiki]

Read his recent post on fb, he saying he no longer plays now, He switch to playing snooker few years ago.Watch him practise pool in Taiwan about 2 years ago, running out with ease on a super tight table.
He was considered as one of the most talented player in TW, what a waste of talent if he stop playing totally.

One of his old matches with Johnny Archer
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v16626522zhAy7Zex

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Morra
Klatt
Albin
and
Wu Chia Ching

That may be but I don't know him ,, I have followed John since he was 14 when I first met him and found out he's from the Toronto area where I lived 10 yrs ,, a fine young man and as was pointed out he's had his share of 2nds

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read his recent post on fb, he saying he no longer plays now, He switch to playing snooker few years ago.Watch him practise pool in Taiwan about 2 years ago, running out with ease on a super tight table.
He was considered as one of the most talented player in TW, what a waste of talent if he stop playing totally.

One of his old matches with Johnny Archer
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v16626522zhAy7Zex

I don't think that's a waste of talent, at least from an American perspective. It may be more difficult to make it in snooker, but there's more money.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Hope morra wins he deserves a roll
As he had some unlucky 2nd place finishes of late

Me too. The roll that cost him the 2014 DCC 9-ball title is as bad a roll as I've ever seen in the double hill rack of a final.

John has been playing some great pool over the past couple of years. Perhaps he's ready to snap off a really big title this week.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Final 4 men players are:
Bengji Chu
Albin Ouschan
Nick Van den Berg
John Morra ...

I, too, will be pulling for John. But if I had to wager, it probably would be on Chu. Will the home-country fans help him or add too much pressure?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oops -- flowchart (http://news.top147.com/2015/07/00023030.shtml) shows Corteza in the semifinals rather than Ouschan, whereas the live scoring page has it the other way. I wonder which is correct.

Edit -- looks like they just moved Corteza over by mistake, as even the flowchart shows 11 for Ouschan and 6 for Corteza.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Qualifying rounds are double elimination, but I cannot overstate how much I like the single elimination format ultimately used in the WPA major events. It makes the final stages so interesting and compelling. No room for error ---- that's as it should be when the most elite get together.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member

Morra
Klatt
Albin
and
Wu Chia Ching

Good stuff Celtic.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First semi finals just started.

楚秉杰 Chu Bingjie 0-2 阿尔滨·欧思纯 Albin Ouschan