3 Cushion - Streaming

sde

Silver Member
I have been invited to do live streaming of a 3 cushion tourney and as it stands now, I will do the streaming. I do not have all the details of the tourney, they will be announced soon.

A question I have is do you think that there will be support/viewership of 3 cushion? Will any of you tune to watch? Why? Why not?

Stay tuned for further details.

Steve
for the love of all the games.

edited to add the link to the stream.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/usba-regional-qualifier

Last edited:

barefoot3zk5

THE Kings, Alive and Well
Silver Member
Don't know much about the game but would certainly enjoy the chance to view. Seems though anybody could appreciate what it takes to play.
Lookin forward to the stream. Thanx, Howard

custmqs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd watch for sure... you may want to post this in the Carom Forum as well.

eales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3-cushion

I would watch if I am able. Already planning on watching the AGIPI Billiard Masters at the end of the month. Thanks.

Jim Eales

sde

Silver Member
Thanks for the positive replies.

It's nice to know that I'll have at least 4 viewers. :grin: :wink:
Happy Holidays

Steve

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Yes--With One Suggestion

sde said:
A question I have is do you think that there will be support/viewership of 3 cushion? Will any of you tune to watch? Why? Why not?

You do an excellent job streaming.:) I would like to suggest you notify ustream well in advance and they will send notices to all your followers....gotta play that number game baby!

Reactions: sde

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
sde said:
I have been invited to do live streaming of a 3 cushion tourney and as it stands now, I will do the streaming. I do not have all the details of the tourney, they will be announced soon.

Stay tuned for further details.

Steve
for the love of all the games.

Steve,

As a former 3-cushion player...Welcome to our world! :thumbup: Selfishly it would be great to get that game out there. It is the most elegant of all the cue sports (IMHO) and should be watched by millions, ok thousands, well, we'll settle for hundreds.

Do you have an idea as to whom would be playing? If Mazin Shooni or other top players would be playing, you would want to advertise that. The better the players, the bigger the audience.

Although I've been out of the loop for many years now, if you PM the list of players, I would be happy to try to get a line on them and their marketability.

Thank you for doing this - hopefully it will help you, your sponsors, and the game.

Dave

sde

Silver Member
12squared said:
Steve,

As a former 3-cushion player...Welcome to our world! :thumbup: Selfishly it would be great to get that game out there. It is the most elegant of all the cue sports (IMHO) and should be watched by millions, ok thousands, well, we'll settle for hundreds.

Do you have an idea as to whom would be playing? If Mazin Shooni or other top players would be playing, you would want to advertise that. The better the players, the bigger the audience.

Although I've been out of the loop for many years now, if you PM the list of players, I would be happy to try to get a line on them and their marketability.

Thank you for doing this - hopefully it will help you, your sponsors, and the game.

Dave
I do not have any particulars of the tourney. I have been told that it will posted here on AzB.

I share your opinion of 3 cushion it has been my favorite game since I first played it in 1966. I have played 3 cushion on and off for all those years and still play occasionally.

I hope that the tourney info is posted soon to allow as much time as possible to bring it to the attention of all who may be interested.

Even if no one is interested, not likely, I will have the matches on DVD for my own collection.:thumbup:

Once I have all the info I will post a link here and in the Carom Section.

Steve

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow that will be great to watch some 3C!!!!! I love to watch that game more than 9 or 10 ball!!! Its a shame that 3C isnt more popular, its so hard that there isnt much gratifaction for the first 25 years you play it.:wink:

thanks so much,

my best

eric

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
sde said:
I do not have any particulars of the tourney. I have been told that it will posted here on AzB.

I share your opinion of 3 cushion it has been my favorite game since I first played it in 1966. I have played 3 cushion on and off for all those years and still play occasionally.

I hope that the tourney info is posted soon to allow as much time as possible to bring it to the attention of all who may be interested.

Even if no one is interested, not likely, I will have the matches on DVD for my own collection.:thumbup:

Once I have all the info I will post a link here and in the Carom Section.

Steve

I'll look forward to the post and the stream. Have you always been in Grand Rapids area? did you ever go to Cushion and Cue in Oak Park for their 3-c tourneys in the early 70s? Do you know Mike Bengels? I grew up playing in that room and have seen many top regional players of that era, but moved away in 76.

Dave

mbvl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve,

I will definitely watch, and like Dave (12squared) I would be more than happy to help promote it. You should definitely post info on the Carom Forum.

I played in GR for a while 15 or so years ago at Anazeh Sands in Wyoming. I finished second to Dennis Dieckman at a USBA tournament there. Do you know Tom Prins or Al Wier?

Mark

sde

Silver Member
mbvl said:
Steve,

I will definitely watch, and like Dave (12squared) I would be more than happy to help promote it. You should definitely post info on the Carom Forum.

I played in GR for a while 15 or so years ago at Anazeh Sands in Wyoming. I finished second to Dennis Dieckman at a USBA tournament there. Do you know Tom Prins or Al Wier?

Mark
Mark,

Yes, I know Tom and Al. Al was at the MPT this past weekend and I'm sorry to say that Al is not playing 3C at this time due to time constraints and the nearest 3C table is 1 1/2 hour drive. Dwight Cohen's place, The Billiard Garden, in Niles, MI.

I was at that USBA tourney at the Sands, didn't play in it just stopped in to watch or maybe I was working the counter that day, can't remember. :sorry:

As I said before, I do not have any info on the tourney. Someone connected to running the tourney is supposed to post all that, soon I hope.

Steve

sde

Silver Member
12squared said:
I'll look forward to the post and the stream. Have you always been in Grand Rapids area? did you ever go to Cushion and Cue in Oak Park for their 3-c tourneys in the early 70s? Do you know Mike Bengels? I grew up playing in that room and have seen many top regional players of that era, but moved away in 76.

Dave

I have been in Grand Rapids most of my life and played at Anazeh Sands West. I did play at Pockets in Lansing, MI a few times. traveled there to sweat some 3C action with a local player against Bucky Bell in the mid 90's.

Steve

curlyscues

we're watching
Silver Member
mbvl said:
Steve,

Mark
tom still plays like you remember.he would rather shoot a double ticky rail reverse with a bump than a natural. good guys, both of them.
M.C.

mbvl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
curlyscues said:
tom still plays like you remember.he would rather shoot a double ticky rail reverse with a bump than a natural. good guys, both of them.
M.C.

Say Hi to Tom for me. I play the same way. I would rather shoot the "fun" shot. Another friend of mine who also prefers the unusual shot was once told by Allen Gilbert, "Shooting all those crazy shots all the time will hurt you when you play a real game", to which he replied, "I never play a real game".

Mark

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
mbvl said:
Say Hi to Tom for me. I play the same way. I would rather shoot the "fun" shot. Another friend of mine who also prefers the unusual shot was once told by Allen Gilbert, "Shooting all those crazy shots all the time will hurt you when you play a real game", to which he replied, "I never play a real game".

Mark

Mark,

this is a funny line. who did Al say that to?

Happy New Year to you. Please say hello to everyone and wish them the same.

Dave

mbvl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
12squared said:
Mark,

this is a funny line. who did Al say that to?

Happy New Year to you. Please say hello to everyone and wish them the same.

Dave

He had this conversation with Chen (at Burbank Elks).

And happy holidays to you, too.

Mark

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am with you all the way SDE, heck I might even learn something. Seriously it will be a pleasure to see some 3C play.--Leonard