American 14.1.................

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Thanks for this post and link. I always marvel at how many pool players scoff at 14.1 pool. Maybe it's because they can't play it worth a sh*t. Actually I guess it's more of a generational thing. The younger group didn't grow up with this game as I did. Whatever … thanks again.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for this post and link. I always marvel at how many pool players scoff at 14.1 pool. Maybe it's because they can't play it worth a sh*t. Actually I guess it's more of a generational thing. The younger group didn't grow up with this game as I did. Whatever … thanks again.
I don't think anyone scoffs at 14.1 pool. People just don't know much about it.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
14.1 is a very difficult game to play well- it takes a lot of skill ( ball pocketing, position play, pattern play) to even run 30 balls consistently- much easier to learn to run a few racks of 9 ball consistently- there is no pattern play to figure out in your head ( color in by number) and position play does not have to be as exact. So, in today's short attention span environment- hard for the game to catch on with the younger generation.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chinahov runs 65 from Albin's break and delays opening up the last six balls and it costs him. Albin shooting.... and he misses a fairly easy shot at the start of the next rack -- hits the point of the corner ball and the Diamond hangs the ball. Looked like it might slide in.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ruslan scratches at 90 on a break shot -- a thinnish break shot on the side of the rack and he drew the cue ball back to the side pocket.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I often wonder why guys like Seigel, Varner, Hopkins, etc did not keep up their 14.1 game so that they could still compete in these events- maybe they are- I don't know. Even at age 70, if you have kept yourself in good shape and kept up with 14.1 practice sessions, they should still be able to run enough balls to be competitive. These events only run 3 to 5 days- that is not too much to do a few times a year; even at their age. They already know all the 14.1 safety moves. Perhaps I am just dreaming but it sure would be great to see them try!