Live! Jesse Bowman vs John Morra

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Miller Time Billiards (Davenport, IA) is hosting Jesse Bowman vs John Morra (bartable, 10B, 8-ahead). If you wanna watch, IM Big Terry on yahoo messenger for an invite at:

iapoolguy

Terry only has about 20 slots left, so hurry.

Last edited:

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Just one more set for tonight, 8B, 8-ahead. They are talking about playing at least 3 more sets tomorrow night (9B,10B,8B). Send Big Terry an IM or PM to encourage him to stream that too.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
You guys a are killing me!!!
At 2:16 you said 10B 8 ahead then just over an hour later you said just one more set tonight? Someone got steam rolled... What happened?
Who won and was Jesse giving any weight to Morra?

Perk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Def need some details here.

Attachments

• 44789.this%2Bthread%2Bcompletely%2Buseless%2520WITHOUT%2BIMAGES!!1!.jpg
    44789.this%2Bthread%2Bcompletely%2Buseless%2520WITHOUT%2BIMAGES!!1!.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,314

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got to see johm morra play in person. real entertaining watching him play. he hits 'em sporty. this should be a good match!

srs314

shooterville.com
Miller Time Billiards (Davenport, IA) is hosting Jesse Bowman vs John Morra (bartable, 10B, 8-ahead). If you wanna watch, IM Big Terry on yahoo messenger for an invite at:

iapoolguy

Terry only has about 20 slots left, so hurry.

I need details on how to contact Big Terry on Yahoo Messanger? What is his account name?

Also what's been happening? Who is winning?

Thanks!

jingle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just one more set for tonight, 8B, 8-ahead. They are talking about playing at least 3 more sets tomorrow night (9B,10B,8B). Send Big Terry an IM or PM to encourage him to stream that too.

Bump for RESULTS of last night's action.

iapoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
more tonight!!!

630 pm start time set of 8-ball is on the light...
Iam not very computer savy...I can web cam it though it yahoo messanger
My yahoo messanger name is: iapoolguy...send me a request and I will be able to conect about 30 people...
maybe someone will show me how to use ustream...
Terry

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Sorry for the lack of details folks. This was a spur of the moment thing...Morra showed up, Jesse agreed to play (after not picking up a cue in months)...Big Terry remembered he had his laptop, a webcam, and a wireless connection...and POOF! a quick & dirty stream was born. Jesse hit 20 minutes worth of balls and they were off.

Morra won the 10B set after about 2 hours. Not much to say other than it was tough to see Jess struggle. He's got the heart to step up & play a young & tough player though, can't knock that! With Jesse's natural talent, its only a matter of time before he locks in.

The 9B was a great example of why good players need not play 9B on a bartable. Jesse never had a chance to play. John was making 2-3 balls each break, squating the rock, & running out. IIRC he only had 2 breaks in that set he didn't run out from. Throw in a couple of few good rolls for John and Jesse was blown away.

To round out the evening, they agreed to play 8B. This would be an 8-ahead set like the others. Jesse would have a good chance to shake the rust off in this last, long set. Jesse showed some brilliance (and some of his old stroke) to get to as much as 5-ahead after about 3 hours, but another uncommon miss let John back to the table to run 3 more to end the night with Jess up 1 game at 5am. They agreed to continue the 8B set tonight, which it looks like Terry has confirmed for 6:30 CDT (adjust the time for your time zone).

I expect Jess to come back with fire in his eyes tonight. Remember, this is how his battle with SVB started out...he shook the rust off the first night and stormed back for the overall win the second night.

If you wanna watch tonight, d/l Yahoo Messenger (it only takes a few seconds) and IM Big Terry at: iapoolguy. Just don't a Tar-worthy feed!

Better yet, if you are in the eastern Iowa or Western Illinois area, stop by Miller Time Billiards in Davenport.

BTW, watch for a break analysis on John's break. I took a few videos last night, so I can do the same break analysis I did on Hillbilly & others. John has a unique technique that I like a lot.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
If you wanna see why John's break is so devastating on a bartable...just watch these 2 videos. Pop, squat, run...repeat.

10B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dZmhNFnlt4
9B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gDzbnxMeVg

Here's a few poor quality pics. It sucks to take pics (no flash of course) in a dark room, of players at an overly bright table.

from left to right:
Adam "The Sleeve" Behnke, Lil Joe Villalpando, John Morra (shooting), AZB's own Iowa_Player (Larry, to right of computer), Shane Johnson (Jess' friend, standing in blue), Jess (hidden in white hat).
2009-07-09JesseBowmanvsJohnMorraatM.jpg

THe counter man had the best view.
2009-07-09JesseBowmanvsJohnMorra-1.jpg

Jesse always gives a fair rack.
2009-07-09JesseBowmanvsJohnMorra-3.jpg

Not everyone made it to 5am.
2009-07-09JesseBowmanvsJohnMorra-2.jpg

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I'm struck by how similarly John sets up over the ball like Orcullo. John appears to be more oposite-eye dominant and doesn't tuck his elbow, but their overall body position, demeanor, pace, & patience is right on.

Dennis tilts his head slightly where John just lets his chin slide down beside the cue to get his left eye over the shaft. Same result, slightly different head position.

orcullo.jpg

Dennis.jpg

Last edited: