World open 8 ball championship???

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Soooo many things wrong.

It's called an Open, yet there are 4 divisions separated by skill level. Each division is capped at 64 players, and x number of players from each division will qualify for the actual main event.

The dates don't make sense, because it says 12/28 - 12/31. So they are going to have 4 divisional tournaments, and then a main tournament in 3 days?

Entry fee is $1,500, but you can only enter if you have an established Fargo Rating. If you don't, they will have qualifiers that are $250 to enter. So it'll cost anyone without an established FR $1,750 to play (assuming they get through the qualifier).

I don't see anything about added money, so for now I'll assume it's all from entry fees.

4 divisions x 64 players per division = 256 players x $1,500 entry = $384,000 prize pool.

On another post, they said the payouts would be

1st - 100k
2nd - 25k
3rd - 15k
4th - 10k

and paying out a total of 64 players.

I guess that's possible if it fills, and if they are including money from the qualifiers in the prize pool as well.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The sponsoring pool hall seems to be fairly new -- the space was a Family Dollar four years ago. 120 W Broadway St., Owatonna, MN.

They have a website listed on Google maps as phillysbilliards.com but as far as I can tell, it has never existed. But with over $100,000 in entry fees, they might be able to make a website.:wink: