1st Cue!! What do you think?

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
I was trying so hard to wait until I completely finished everything....but I couldn't wait any longer!! All that is left is to sand the joint protectors a little more and then spray, sand, and polish them!!

All feedback is welcome, good or bad! It is just a touch "dirty" since I couldn't help but shoot with it. I am very pleased with it....I got the points to come out even and I lined up the rings/logos on the joint protectors with the ring and logo on the butt. All the white-ish material is elk horn. I hopefully will have some more to post in a few weeks, but for now....I'm very, very excited!! (if you couldn't tell)

DSC03102.jpg

DSC03100.jpg

DSC03098.jpg

DSC03031.jpg

ALSO....I could not have really gotten into cuemaking if it weren't for several awesome cuemakers that have given me advice and help!!
John Nemec, Paul Sumrall, Steve Klein, Jerry Rauenzahn, and Larry Vigus!!

Last edited:

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I REALLY like the ring work, joint caps, and your logo!

Did you make the blank? If not, I will be anxious to send some of your own point and veneer work, because it looks like you have an eye for detail. Great start!

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fitz

Looks really nice. Like the ring work as well. Nice choice using the buckhorn. It adds just a little uniqueness to the overall look. I really like your logo as well.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Keep up the great work!

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
And BTW... it looks like you took her for a spin... how did she play?

Unfortunately I did not make the blank. I will be making my own veneered/pointed blanks though and hopefully my own full-splice down the road!

I couldn't help but try it out....so I've been playing with it at home and it plays well! Of course, I think so....haha! It is solid and has a medium-hard hit.

Thanks for all the comments guys!!

sonofthunder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great first cue!

Good job John!! Don't let it go to your head(LOL) Nice logo for an architect!!
Good fortune John!
Paul Sumrall S&S Cues

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
Good job John!! Don't let it go to your head(LOL) Nice logo for an architect!!
Good fortune John!
Paul Sumrall S&S Cues

Haha....funny you mention that. You should have seen the logo I was thinking of using. I engraved it and realized that you couldn't even tell what it was or what it said! So....I simplified it!

Paul, you have definitely been an inspiration to me. As well as 63Kcode and a few other cuemakers as I mentioned above. All of you have been very helpful and given me great advice! I wouldn't be anywhere near my first cue if it wasn't for all of you and I really appreciate it! God has put me in the company of great people who are willing to help and who are also great friends!!

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice......

Cool logo John!

The ringwork is quite unique as well.....looks like your having fun :thumbup:

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
I don't like this cue at all ... send it to me and change my mind :thumbup:

Congrat!!!

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
I like how you logo design on butt cap. Nice ring work John. Nice shinny finish..:thumbup:

Last edited:

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the awesome comments!! I can't wait to post the next one....but unfortunately it won't be finished for a little while.