90+ degree cut shot

o.g. (old guy)

mark
Silver Member
Personally I would love to see this done. Not enough to pay somebody to do it but would still love to see it. I don't see any logical way you can cut a ball more than 90° with inside english with a level cue. Hope this isn't some kind of gaff shot that makes everyone groan when it is done. Anybody give it a try yet??

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
That was outside but not extreme outside. I think the shot was not 90 degrees as the object ball was off the rail a ways (hard to be sure).

Not really even close to 90 degrees as set up. But, seeing as how he actually overcut it a bit makes it that much closer to 90. Nice shot, either way.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not really even close to 90 degrees as set up. But, seeing as how he actually overcut it a bit makes it that much closer to 90. Nice shot, either way.
Yes, a nice shot. What I want to see is a snooker player with a respotted black who cuts it in from the green spot -- cuts it to his left.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
That was outside but not extreme outside. I think the shot was not 90 degrees as the object ball was off the rail a ways (hard to be sure).

The cue ball wasn't centered between the side rails either. With the cue ball off the center table line in one direction, and the one ball off the center table line in the other direction (with the cue ball being about centered on the middle diamond at the time of contact with the object ball), and the one ball off the rail an unknown distance (looks to be about a ball?), like you say it is tough to be able to say for sure but I also think it is a bit under 90 degrees as well even when using the line the object ball took rather than the line to the middle of the pocket. Still a very good shot though.