Mosconi Warmup

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Looking at the table, my question is this. Are they using the Artemis Intercontinental 66 cushions? If these are the 66 cushions, are they the pro cut ones? The pocket sizes on screen appear larger than the DCC pockets.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Looking at the table, my question is this. Are they using the Artemis Intercontinental 66 cushions? If these are the 66 cushions, are they the pro cut ones? The pocket sizes on screen appear larger than the DCC pockets.

In my conversations with Kevina from Rasson, he said they use Artemis Pool 66.
Procut pockets= 4.5" 141 degrees, 5" 102 degrees. the shelf is not as deep as a diamond of course.
Just my $0.02 :)

Trent from Toledo

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my conversations with Kevina from Rasson, he said they use Artemis Pool 66.
Procut pockets= 4.5" 141 degrees, 5" 102 degrees. the shelf is not as deep as a diamond of course.
Just my $0.02 :)

Trent from Toledo

IMO their shelves are not deep enough unless they change the angles and pocket size.

I've hit a few balls on that particular set-up and to me, it's just not difficult enough considering their "expected" level of play.

If a banger like myself can tell a "slight" difference in pocketing balls, lol..., a touring pro will notice a "HUGE" difference.

Rake

Island Drive

Silver Member
IMO their shelves are not deep enough unless they change the angles and pocket size.

I've hit a few balls on that particular set-up and to me, it's just not difficult enough considering their "expected" level of play.

If a banger like myself can tell a "slight" difference in pocketing balls, lol..., a touring pro will notice a "HUGE" difference.

Rake

Thx rake, the pockets did look allot easier. Are they using this table set up at the Cup?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Shots dropping that should be misses is a common occurrence at the Mosconi.

I'm sure this table is more accepting then most other tournament tables.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Shots dropping that should be misses is a common occurrence at the Mosconi.

I'm sure this table is more accepting then most other tournament tables.

Yep. Solely for entertainment purposes for those who enjoy the break-and-runs.

For all practical intents and purposes, the MC is basically a drama-filled reality show (IMHO).

Maniac

oldschool1478

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also thought the pockets looked large on the overhead camera.
I took a screenshot of a ball very close to the pocket. Then opened in a graphics program, traced around that ball, then copied that tracing and
moved both to the corner pocket opening.
Result = 4.5 inch corner pockets, like my Diamond.
The shelf looks only slightly shorter.

The overhead camera has a slight fish-eye effect that distorts.

Island Drive

Silver Member
I also thought the pockets looked large on the overhead camera.
I took a screenshot of a ball very close to the pocket. Then opened in a graphics program, traced around that ball, then copied that tracing and
moved both to the corner pocket opening.
Result = 4.5 inch corner pockets, like my Diamond.
The shelf looks only slightly shorter.

The overhead camera has a slight fish-eye effect that distorts.

I did notice that, I felt the same way..........