80's "Chem" Players & "Mexican" Ron Rosas discussed on The Troubled Men Podcast!

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know many folks on here but I know and respect you,and if I lashed out at anyone it was only because, my friends feeling were hurt when I talked to him. He said he cancelled his account on here and I was upset for as it looks like some of you know Ron doesn't have a whole lot going on right now. his Mom passed away about 5 years ago and I see him less and less. And though I am just a fan I have know many players who have devoted thier entire lives to this game pass away unnoticed or even shunned like Cecil Tugwell or Dave The Underdog. (Although dave had a loving family, and that means everything!) Last Time I saw Cecil he was on his bicycle banned from Hard Times. (Probably for good reason) This game is tough on its players, the only soft hand you get is when you are being lowered down... I treat all the players I know with respect as there is not much money in the game.
Once again sorry if I caused any bad feelings.
My apologies and I will talk to Ron.

Tell Ron … Russ Martin from Tujunga (formerly) says hello and condolences for his mothers passing. I met her many times and she was a really kind / sweet lady.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know many folks on here but I know and respect you,and if I lashed out at anyone it was only because, my friends feeling were hurt when I talked to him. He said he cancelled his account on here and I was upset for as it looks like some of you know Ron doesn't have a whole lot going on right now. his Mom passed away about 5 years ago and I see him less and less. And though I am just a fan I have know many players who have devoted thier entire lives to this game pass away unnoticed or even shunned like Cecil Tugwell or Dave The Underdog. (Although dave had a loving family, and that means everything!) Last Time I saw Cecil he was on his bicycle banned from Hard Times. (Probably for good reason) This game is tough on its players, the only soft hand you get is when you are being lowered down... I treat all the players I know with respect as there is not much money in the game.
Once again sorry if I caused any bad feelings.
My apologies and I will talk to Ron.

Great post.

I though this was a pool forum FIRST. Not a place for folks to pop up on a soap box and put down other peoples life choices. Ron and guys like him and I know a bunch of them as they age often find themselves in a bad situation. Most of them are fully aware of it too. For a time he was a top player. Apparently he still plays pretty jam up too. That is pretty cool.

RonRosas

Banned
I got HashTaged and mentioned again! hehe

Yep,
The folks in New Orleans sure remember "Mexican" Ron Rosas.
I'm mentioned in the first 5 minutes of the Podacast. No Chem Player stuff also.
Great Podcast The Troubled Men Podcast. google or yahoo it.
I miss Swainny

Attachments

• 11024648_1558915517727224_3815588336705789942_n.jpg
    11024648_1558915517727224_3815588336705789942_n.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 432

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I missed the apology turn.

Ron, I am sorry I let my personal thoughts about another's life dictate my behavior. It was wrong and I failed to act as though my opinion means anything, compared to how it impacts your life.

I am sorry for my lack of discretion and perspective.

We are all more alike than different and we shouldn't lose that knowledge or act otherwise.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't argue with stats and here is a pics of two of the biggest "Chem" players of all-time! both crazy as a loony tune! He Hee!
$40 an hour lessons from this Chem Player! Million Dollar Billiards! Where North Hollywood Billiards used to be off Laurel Canyon!

I played you 9 ball back in the late 80's. I was on leave from Navy and made the trip with a couple grunts i knew.

That was my peak in pool and i could "hold my own" with ANY amateur back then and even "surprise" players like Earl when given the chance.

I said ^^^^^, to say vvvvvvv

"Mexican Ron" is how "some guy" introduced you to me.

We played by the game for $20 a rack.

I remember that we played over two hours and i lost $60 to you playing even but, i won a little off two of the locals on side.

I remember one of the railbirds bet me i wouldn't win a game after we raised it from $5 a game to $20. Hehe, i lost 60 to you but won well over a $100 off the railbirds.

My hat is off to you Ron!

I don't know how yiu hit em today but you could play back then, no doubt.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!

I didn't read past the first post before i posted. I wish i had now.

My post would've been roughly the same but, i would've spent time covering the fact that Ron, back then, was a VERY, VERY good person.

Sure, he, like most in pool back then had some issues but, most really, really strong gambler's did something at some point.

We have to remember, today is unlike those days in a big way. Today you almost never see a match continue for more than a few hours...lol.... much less like back then where it was sort of common for people to match up for days on end and go for hours and hours with almost no breaks and all the while be under the pressure of "if i miss, i dont eat"!

Today, its no comparison, not at all, not even close. Most all players today due to this "give everyone something for free".....free check for this and that.... dont worry about where their gonna sleep or what their gonna eat if they miss a shot.

Today, very few pool player worry, really, really worry about such things. Sure, some go broke but, they dont seem to go hungry and always seem to have a bed to sleep in.

Lets not be so judgemental because most are talking about stuff "they" never experienced.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Ron, never played you, not that I was ever that good, nor even knew of you...but I do wish you the best. Good luck.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I missed the apology turn.

Ron, I am sorry I let my personal thoughts about another's life dictate my behavior. It was wrong and I failed to act as though my opinion means anything, compared to how it impacts your life.

I am sorry for my lack of discretion and perspective.

We are all more alike than different and we shouldn't lose that knowledge or act otherwise.

Classy response Mr. Black-balled!

MalibuMike

Banned
I'm going to play with Ron at Million Dollar Billiards!

I will tell him to check out all the kind words on this post, I'm sure he will be touched.

Thanks,
Mike

9_Ball_King

Respect The Game!
Silver Member
Thank You!

I may not be in the top 1% of the greatest Pro players of all time anymore, but I will take on Anyone on here!
Million Dollar Billiards, where the old North Hollywood Billiards was if you played back in the golden era!
I'll be waiting he hee.

Million Dollar Billiards
professorqball.com
12135 Victory Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818) 763-9491

Check Out the Playing Field!
Check out these stats especially my run along the bottom of the Flow Chart
and Most Notable Matches!
I placed within the top 10, and mostly in the top 5 in every So. Cal/Vegas Match.
not bad for a player who never toured. Think about it Booby...

http://www.sfbilliards.com/accustats/V2_N06.pdf

http://www.sfbilliards.com/accustats/V1_N10.pdf

I'm Waiting!!!!!!!!

Mr. Rosas thank you for posting the links to these publications. I really enjoyed reading over those pdf files!

thebigdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember watching Ron Rosas play when I was a teenager. Back in the late 80's early 90's, the LA area had a ton of monster players, and I'd say he was in the top 5-10. I used to go Hard Times to watch my dad play in the Sunday tournaments, he and Ron Rosas played several times in tournaments and were pretty evenly matched.

MalibuMike

Banned
I told Ron about all the Love he is getting on here!

I remember watching Ron Rosas play when I was a teenager. Back in the late 80's early 90's, the LA area had a ton of monster players, and I'd say he was in the top 5-10. I used to go Hard Times to watch my dad play in the Sunday tournaments, he and Ron Rosas played several times in tournaments and were pretty evenly matched.

I told Ron Rosas about all the Love he is getting on AZBilliards, and The Troubled Men Podcast just did another shout out to him, which makes 4!
So he should be feeling pretty chipper!