PNS Glove Review

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you post a link to the web site you bought them. I have trouble finding them and wanted to give them a try.

Surprised by your experience with the Molinari .. I play every day and I got a good 9 months out of mine. You can get different experiences though. I used predators 2nd skin glove. The first one I developed a small hole after 6 months and the 2nd one I had a seem start to come a part after 3 moths.

Resurrecting this thread to provide a counterpoint for anyone considering purchasing a PNS glove.

Prior to the PNS I have used mostly generic gloves off Amazon that I would cut the fingers out of. Those worked okay but didn't hold up well at all and felt a little heavy or thick. The fit was never quite right and overall the quality was typically very poor on these gloves--which is what you would expect given the rock bottom price point.

I received a Molinari glove as a gift this past Christmas and fell in love. It has a premium feel, palm grip is superb, seams are proper, and it has the adjustable strap. It truly is a great glove but sure enough, a month in I developed a rip in the outside thumb seam, and by three months in I had developed 4 rips total in areas such as where the black wrist meets the palm inside the glove, on the seam on the pointer finger, and on the top middle finger. To me this is unacceptable given the $30+ price point and the fact that I take great care with my equipment.

I bought the PNS due to it's obvious similarities with the Molinari and paid around $9 with shipping direct from China. It took about 2.5 weeks to get here, but once it did I was overall impressed with the design and quality. As others have mentioned, the palm grip is made of a different material (hasn't affected me any) and the wrist is not adjustable, though it appears to be (again, no effect). I am now 3 months into this glove and with a light wash under the sink it looks very similar to how it looked brand new, minus some wear in the palm (no holes have developed, just expected wear in the grip) and some slight deformity in the wrist strap part that "velcros" on top (it is permanently curved up, likely due to me placing my hand down too often with it curved in that direction).

I really like this glove and given the fact that it's so close in look and feel to the Molinari, while at a much lower price point, while in my experience being more durable than the Molinari (albeit a very small sample size)--I think it's a no brainer to give these gloves a try. You can get almost 4 for the price of one Molinari. You really can't go wrong. For me, it will be my glove of choice for the foreseeable future. About to order a few more just in case I start to get wear on this current one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you folks think is the best glove or finger slide or anything else?

Personally, it doesn’t matter a tinkers dam to me. I have never worn a glove.

I’m just curious what readers think, Obviously owners of this glove already voted.

So it’s really for folks that found fault with this glove or prefer another brand.

Does.color variety ever matter to you when you are looking to choose a brand?

How important is durability? What about breathability of the material? Design style?

I am so glad I’ve never used a glove and it’s because I keep my cue shafts pristine.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
How could anyone say the name of this glove out loud and be proud to wear it? I held a photo of the glove up to a young child and asked them to pronounce it.

Laughs were had

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
How could anyone say the name of this glove out loud and be proud to wear it? I held a photo of the glove up to a young child and asked them to pronounce it.

Laughs were had

I have a very immature and childish sense of humor and i dont have an issue with it
Go figure

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

I’m just curious what readers think, Obviously owners of this glove already voted.

So it’s really for folks that found fault with this glove or prefer another brand.

How important is durability? What about breathability of the material? Design style?

I am so glad I’ve never used a glove and it’s because I keep my cue shafts pristine.

raw

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you think not using a glove keeps your shafts cleaner? As a person who used to not wear a glove that’s just nonsense lol

This whole discussion shows you why pool has no chance of becoming anything more then a game played in leagues in this country. Gloves Showed up more then 25 years a go and people still get pissy and make shitty comments about the person’s sexuality or their ability to play the game because they wear one. We as a whole won’t except any new idea’s..( even one as simple as helping you have a consistent feel with a simple glove) to progress the game so the game has no chance to progress.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you think not using a glove keeps your shafts cleaner? As a person who used to not wear a glove that’s just nonsense lol

This whole discussion shows you why pool has no chance of becoming anything more then a game played in leagues in this country. Gloves Showed up more then 25 years a go and people still get pissy and make shitty comments about the person’s sexuality or their ability to play the game because they wear one. We as a whole won’t except any new idea’s..( even one as simple as helping you have a consistent feel with a simple glove) to progress the game so the game has no chance to progress.

not to speak for bava, but if I'm reading it right,
I think the jive is keep your stuff clean and smooth, and a glove might not be needed in the first place.

trob, you have a point tho..
I've heard people disdain the glove to excess and I can't see how that pushes pool forward.
using a glove doesn't appeal to me personally-
I like to feel the cue in my hand.
but if ain't hurtin nobody, to each their own and whatever works.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have this glove, it's good. The problems mentioned for the glove I don't find (except the largest size still isn't quite large enough for my fingers :-/).

The problem I do find for this glove is the same for every glove, they are made of materials that can work, but the seams are placed for general wear and not specific to billiards. Regardless, wearing a glove is better than not in my opinion, especially when you have just washed your hands.