2011 Canadian Cue Sports Championships

HOF

Registered
Hello and good day,

I hope this day finds you well. Just wanted to let you all know beginning Tuesday June 7, 2011 at 9am est there will be live streaming of the Canadian 8, 9, 10,& Snooker Championships which is taking place live from Shooters Snooker & Sports Bar in North York (Toronto, Ontario). This is the event all canucks have been waiting for so please stop by and check out the best of the best on the live stream http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cbsa-canadian-championships
Please visit www.cbsa.ca to view the list of scduled events!

Enjoy,
Denise Belanger

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Wow, two people from the West, they gotta stop calling this the Canadians.

I agree...what is an 'S' doing on 'Canadian'?
If you're going to use an 'S' it should be on Canadian ChampionshipS....:wink:

And the West is a little better represented than two.....
...just Brady Gollan and Tom Finstad are worth six players...
..and there ARE a few more

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only saw two in the open 9 ball.
We need a new national governing body that know how to organize, deligate, raise funds and promote our dying (on deaths door) sport.
Will someone please step up and take this by the horns.

Last edited:

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only saw two in the open 9 ball.
We need a new national governing body that know how to organize, deligate, raise funds and promote our dying (on deaths door) sport.
Will someone please step up and take this by the horns.

You should show them how it's done.

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should show them how it's done.

I wish I could but it's not my personallity, I am an armchair critic.
But I do know that the current state of affairs should have anyone who cares about our sport in Canada very concerned.

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This same complaint has been voiced in the past and we ended up getting angry responses and name calling from CBSA reps. It's a lost cause and is not at all surprising that there is virtually no western canadian representation. The CBSA has always served the interests of easterners with little-to-no concern about anyone from Manitoba or further west.

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This same complaint has been voiced in the past and we ended up getting angry responses and name calling from CBSA reps. It's a lost cause and is not at all surprising that there is virtually no western canadian representation. The CBSA has always served the interests of easterners with little-to-no concern about anyone from Manitoba or further west.

You could organize the events and send all the folks you want to play. But you don't do shit, just cry.

If the players out there care so much bout playing in it they can hop on a plane and fly out here and play. or they can look to you to run events to send em.

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but I don't think blaming the players cuts in anymore, this has always been the go-to for the CBSA supporters and it don't wash.
We get more entries and prize money for local events along the West coast than they do for the "Canadians".
Maybe it's because some of the players out this way think the CBSA is a complete joke of an association and would not waste the time and money on their event, from the promoting to the prize money over the years this event has shown that it does not appeal to players from the West. without support from across the country this event has no credibillity.

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but I don't think blaming the players cuts in anymore, this has always been the go-to for the CBSA supporters and it don't wash.
We get more entries and prize money for local events along the West coast than they do for the "Canadians".
Maybe it's because some of the players out this way think the CBSA is a complete joke of an association and would not waste the time and money on their event, from the promoting to the prize money over the years this event has shown that it does not appeal to players from the West. without support from across the country this event has no credibillity.

There are ways to make it better, just have to find folks who will do it free. Cause if they get paid then you cry their stealling all the prize funds.

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no issue with private promoters, I played in many of these types of events in the UK. If you can make money at it and attract the players more power to you.
Business is business and everyone has a right to make a living.
No one begrudges Barry Hearn making loads, because he puts cash in the pockets of the sportsman and assumes the risks.
I have a bigger issue with volunteers pretending and failing miserably, they feel they are not open to any scrutiny and often will not take any constructive advice.
When we the players speak our mind we are labelled whiners and simply told to do it ourselves if we think it can be done better, well I'm not a pretender.
If you assume the role of governing body do the damn job right or move on.

Last edited:

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
Though I am not trying to take either side of this argument and nor would I want to try and start a governing body for pool.

Philthe you just said "If you assume the role of governing body do the damn job right or move on."

Couldn't it also be said, "if you are not willing to take on the job the keep your mouth shut"

There are always two sides to a coin.

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Though I am not trying to take either side of this argument and nor would I want to try and start a governing body for pool.

Philthe you just said "If you assume the role of governing body do the damn job right or move on."

Couldn't it also be said, "if you are not willing to take on the job the keep your mouth shut"

There are always two sides to a coin.

Would you say that to the PrimeMinister ?

sly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no issue with private promoters, I played in many of these types of events in the UK. If you can make money at it and attract the players more power to you.
Business is business and everyone has a right to make a living.
No one begrudges Barry Hearn making loads, because he puts cash in the pockets of the sportsman and assumes the risks.
I have a bigger issue with volunteers pretending and failing miserably, they feel they are not open to any scrutiny and often will not take any constructive advice.
When we the players speak our mind we are labelled whiners and simply told to do it ourselves if we think it can be done better, well I'm not a pretender.
If you assume the role of governing body do the damn job right or move on.

that pretty well sums it up my friend!
it a shame for the western provinces that they get kinda shut out,it is a big country but there is a way,this aint it.
every year entrys go down and the calibre is lesser,
its always held in the same place , middle of summer(never understood that one)
i could go on but what phil says seems right

got to get back to the ont-nb challenge

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that pretty well sums it up my friend!
it a shame for the western provinces that they get kinda shut out,it is a big country but there is a way,this aint it.
every year entrys go down and the calibre is lesser,
its always held in the same place , middle of summer(never understood that one)
i could go on but what phil says seems right

got to get back to the ont-nb challenge

If your a shooter, go play some $5 matches... by next summer you will have ur flight and entry... good luck