I want Earl back next year!

Magyar19

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Say what you want about him but hes not rattled under the MC pressure. Thats the kind of guys we need. I want a team of Bergman, Sky, SVB (feels pressure but still gets the W's), Earl, and Archer.

Last edited:

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im a newbee here comparatively. I may even be the lowest skilled on this forum I don't know. What I do know though is growing up Earl Strickland was one of the pool players I thought to be one of the worlds greatest. I think a big part of that image in my head is not just his ability to shoot great pool. When I was growing up I saw him as a role model for the good things in pool. I have seen him shooting pool in a few tournaments throughout my life. I think that Earl needs to regroup his mental game honestly. I have seen him miss a shot and get irrate over it use bad language when he did and even go as far as slamming his cue on the table during televised events. I personally see this as unsportsmanlike conduct. Getting emotional in a positive way is far better for the sport then a negative way.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Say what you want about him but hes not rattled under the MC pressure. Thats the kind of guys we need. I want a team of Bergman, Sky, SVB (feels pressure but still gets the W's), Earl, and Archer.

Berg, sky, earl, archer, md.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That childish hissy-fitty idiot who can't even play decent safeties as of late?
He might be good in attack mode, but completely clueless in escapes and serious safeties. Go and watch the MC matches or some other doubles.

As soon as he looses his "I will win" (not even WE) he completely falters.
He needs to retire his "the shot maker"-title, too - because he can't, anymore.
Even a "newbie" as Albin beats him here.

Cheers!

Sofla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spotted both Chamat and Shaw in the crowd there. I know Shaw was by the Euro side this year as well.

How many non playing Americans were on the sideline this year to show their support to Team USA?

Even talking to him in person, I wasn't sure if it was Jeremy Jones in attendance or not. If not, it was a definite look-alike.

Jennifer Barretta and Allison Fischer were there, and the only players I recognized for sure. Chamat was the Euro coach, so of course he was there.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even talking to him in person, I wasn't sure if it was Jeremy Jones in attendance or not. If not, it was a definite look-alike.

Jennifer Barretta and Allison Fischer were there, and the only players I recognized for sure. Chamat was the Euro coach, so of course he was there.

Sorry I was referring more to players that could play for Team USA. So Barretta and Fischer don't count. Plus I thought Fischer was from the UK?

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I`m over Earl. Would rather sink or swim with the young guys.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old School baby...bring'em back! Mean while no surprises at this years Cup event...Europe was the stronger, tighter and more disciplined team...and thanks to them I'm a few bucks richer.;)

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No body in thier right mind would put Earl on the MC team as a choice and he's not good enough to shoot his way on it

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I want Earl too, but he has to earn a spot by performing well in the tournaments in 2016, unless the captain picks him (which is never gonna happen :mad:)
Nobody is guaranteed for a seat at Mosconi Cup, they have to earn it. :grin-square:

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No body in thier right mind would put Earl on the MC team as a choice and he's not good enough to shoot his way on it

Earl has one of the highest winning percentages in this event (Mosconi Cup)...BTW..."No body" is one word and "thier" is spelt "their".

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the guy that wants to bring women into the Mosconi Cup: DO YOU WANT AN EVEN WORSE BEAT DOWN? Europe gets Kelly and Alison Fisher along with Ewa and Jasmin. What America girls are going to stand up to that. You're kidding me right? America's got Janette Lee and NOBODY. This is hilarious.

With respect to Earl isn't it time to get him on his meds and forget about him. Nobody beats father time and his time is over. Also, who needs his drama. Woodward and Bergman were our two best players. Cory sucked, Mike sucked, Shane was OK - sort of and Earl would suck worse than Cory and Mike. Europe could send over three separate teams and each would beat us. Mark Gray and Nick E are both better than Van Den Berg.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl has one of the highest winning percentages in this event (Mosconi Cup)...BTW..."No body" is one word and "thier" is spelt "their".

The Yankees have won the most World Series.

I guess I should bet on them to win it every year.

Mousa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry I was referring more to players that could play for Team USA. So Barretta and Fischer don't count. Plus I thought Fischer was from the UK?

There is no Allison Fischer! There's the American Alison Fischer, and UK Allison Fisher (aka Duchess of Doom) I don't know if Fischer was there but I saw Fisher in the crowd!