MD'so break at SBE

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
THANKS to Gideon for streaming to fb.
Anybody have the app to check break speed and if so will it work from video?
Mike had a super break working. Not a smash,a very controlled blast!
No head or body movement I could see?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm curious about Mike's break also...it reminds me of Billy Johnson's break...
...and they have similar builds....powerful upper bodies.

For the uninitiated, Billy Johnson's real name was Wade Crane.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a coversation with another player who has witnessed MD's blitzkrieg break. He says all I can tell you is he must him em pure.:)

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
THANKS to Gideon for streaming to fb.
Anybody have the app to check break speed and if so will it work from video?
Mike had a super break working. Not a smash,a very controlled blast!
No head or body movement I could see?

Mike broke very well. I was sitting right there for the finals, and out of curiosity I did use the app on 1 of his breaks. It was 24.05mph

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
pretty sure MD has been clocked in the mid 30's doing his mega-break.

not recommended for staying in control but fun to see. :)

best,
brian kc

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
13smiley...Yes, but you see what happens when you try to break that hard...the CB flies off the table much of the time. That's why you hardly ever see 30+ mph breaks in professional competition. :D

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

From my experience most pros don't worry about what their breaks clock at. Instead, they worry about how the balls spread and where they end up.

Every super hard breaker I know tells me they dial their break way down so the balls will spread in a more consistent pattern.

Cue coming off table is bad but breaking 9 ball to hard is almost as bad since the balls tend to cluster more on really hard breaks.

Everyone thinks that 10 has to be hit super hard when in FACT a moderate break will win in the long run for reasons that are obvious to people such as yourself.

Rake

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think professionals have a good sense of what their break clocks at. They may not be trying to max it out but I bet they know where it lands when it’s good. I remember Oscar saying his 9ball break was around 18mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think professionals have a good sense of what their break clocks at. They may not be trying to max it out but I bet they know where it lands when it’s good. I remember Oscar saying his 9ball break was around 18mph.

Oh yeah, they know without a doubt. But, they don't give a rat's butt what the number is as long as they break and stay at table.

They had rather break at 20, make a ball, hold shape and have a Chance to run out as opposed to breaking at 28, make 6 balls and be hooked behind one of the 3 remaining balls and be forced to push.

Rake

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Just curious, what break speed is generally best at the pro level for 9 ball, 10 ball and 8 ball? I know each game requires a different break, bit just curious. The predator app website says that a pro break is 24 mph or so.

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh Mike got in the 30's mph... well I got him beat :cool::wink::grin-devilish:
<<<<<<

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious, what break speed is generally best at the pro level for 9 ball, 10 ball and 8 ball? I know each game requires a different break, bit just curious. The predator app website says that a pro break is 24 mph or so.

I would guess 17-19 mph for 9 ball, slower with a template rack.

8 ball and 10 ball would probably both be 22 - 24 mph. Slower with a bar box 2nd ball break.