PNS Glove Review

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These gloves are recommended on a couple of threads in here and I ordered a pair, but I do NOT recommend it after seeing it in person. These details are not obvious in the pictures:

- The topside is lycra, the underside is mesh. That means they can only be used used with an open bridge; with a closed bridge the friction would be on the mesh

- The seams are on both sides of each finger and they are thick (jeans style), they can easily twist and get in the way of the cue.

- There is a velcro fastening but it's not functional, so completely decorative?!

- The fingers are too long, covering almost the entire finger.
dd0e20e1d9cbf646b7a6d706bb8b9f1c.jpg

Julian

BuddyWing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been using this glove for 2 years and I love them .
Try them you might like them , if not send them to me HAHA

detroitfan0877

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't had any trouble using a closed bridge with this glove at all, sorry you had trouble.
The seams are a bit thick which is strange because when these gloves are ready to be retired, it's because a seam ripped on the glove somewhere.
The velcro fastener is just for looks with no fuction at all.
I have small hands so all the fingers in gloves no matter what brand are too long for me. I wish someone would start making different sizes already. (Maybe someone does and i don't know about it yet)
Overall, an above average glove for the money.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm using this glove for nearly half a year now. Yes, the fastener is no function. That's why I've just cut it off). I use closed bridge on so many shots and having no problem at all. I have bigger then average hands with longer fingers so quite the opposite I would like to get a bigger size glove. So is this glove the best? No, there are definitely better out there. Is it that bad? No either. I would say it's a good one for the money and I would be glad to try the better glove very soon. I have a good candidate.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Lol finger too long? How about snip them to your desired length

This is the perfect glove for me imo

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I agree. I think these gloves suck. Mine developed a hole the first night and did nothing but deteriorate from there. Id look elsewhere if i was looking for a durable glove thats for sure.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These gloves are recommended on a couple of threads in here and I ordered a pair, but I do NOT recommend it after seeing it in person. These details are not obvious in the pictures:

- The topside is lycra, the underside is mesh. That means they can only be used used with an open bridge; with a closed bridge the friction would be on the mesh

- The seams are on both sides of each finger and they are thick (jeans style), they can easily twist and get in the way of the cue.

- There is a velcro fastening but it's not functional, so completely decorative?!

- The fingers are too long, covering almost the entire finger.
dd0e20e1d9cbf646b7a6d706bb8b9f1c.jpg

Julian

I enjoy my PeNiS glove just fine myself.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What site are you guys buying them from.. I can’t seem to find them.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
What site are you guys buying them from.. I can’t seem to find them.

they have a website but i forgot were i found the link

i been buying them from ebay, search pool snooker billiard glove and youll find it

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I can tell no one has disagreed with the obvious design flaws that I listed. The arguments that I heard are "I like it" and "it's good for the money" which are extremely subjective. Personally I would rather spend $20 on a thoughtfully made glove than $10 on this one.

Julian

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
From what I can tell no one has disagreed with the obvious design flaws that I listed. The arguments that I heard are "I like it" and "it's good for the money" which are extremely subjective. Personally I would rather spend $20 on a thoughtfully made glove than $10 on this one.

Julian

Whatever floats your boat. I’ve used them for a few years now, and no issues at all. Maybe you need to work on grip pressure instead of glove reviews.

buttnkdwonder

Registered
Resurrecting this thread to provide a counterpoint for anyone considering purchasing a PNS glove.

Prior to the PNS I have used mostly generic gloves off Amazon that I would cut the fingers out of. Those worked okay but didn't hold up well at all and felt a little heavy or thick. The fit was never quite right and overall the quality was typically very poor on these gloves--which is what you would expect given the rock bottom price point.

I received a Molinari glove as a gift this past Christmas and fell in love. It has a premium feel, palm grip is superb, seams are proper, and it has the adjustable strap. It truly is a great glove but sure enough, a month in I developed a rip in the outside thumb seam, and by three months in I had developed 4 rips total in areas such as where the black wrist meets the palm inside the glove, on the seam on the pointer finger, and on the top middle finger. To me this is unacceptable given the $30+ price point and the fact that I take great care with my equipment.

I bought the PNS due to it's obvious similarities with the Molinari and paid around $9 with shipping direct from China. It took about 2.5 weeks to get here, but once it did I was overall impressed with the design and quality. As others have mentioned, the palm grip is made of a different material (hasn't affected me any) and the wrist is not adjustable, though it appears to be (again, no effect). I am now 3 months into this glove and with a light wash under the sink it looks very similar to how it looked brand new, minus some wear in the palm (no holes have developed, just expected wear in the grip) and some slight deformity in the wrist strap part that "velcros" on top (it is permanently curved up, likely due to me placing my hand down too often with it curved in that direction).

I really like this glove and given the fact that it's so close in look and feel to the Molinari, while at a much lower price point, while in my experience being more durable than the Molinari (albeit a very small sample size)--I think it's a no brainer to give these gloves a try. You can get almost 4 for the price of one Molinari. You really can't go wrong. For me, it will be my glove of choice for the foreseeable future. About to order a few more just in case I start to get wear on this current one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk