Cue extensions for schon's?

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3/8 16 tpi is the thread if Im not mistaken. Not sure if your gearbox has SAE thread pitches or not.

That seems to be correct, given the measurements. Thank you for clarifying that :smile:

My thread tolerator didnt have that thread listed :rolleyes:

Kim, please share a picture of what you come up with and how you like it. There is always room to do things better and from a mechanical approach I would like to see what kind of improvements you come up with. The thread to fit the butt section is definitely worth improving up on. It is too late for me to try that but it would make this adapter a lot more viable solution for the rest of the players with Schon cues.
I'd be glad to hear that coming up with this and writing about it turns out to be helpful to someone :)

Last edited:

blokid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did design and make extension for Schon by my own. If you're interested in ordering it, please PM me. Thanks

johnchen

Breaker
Tiger extension for schon

Tiger Products "Schon" Extention, the best by far!
This Tony the owner of Tiger Products putting an extention on my schon cue, it is awesome, everyone loves it! it's solid and it fits in my case. It added less then a 1/4 OZ (if that) to my cue! Awesome work!

How much does cost to do it ?

Anthony Capco

I recently bought myself a Schön cue, and as I already had a Mezz Exceed extension to go with my Mezz, I came up with and adapter that replaces the original weight bolt and makes a Schon accept a Mezz X bumper.

I will offer you a clear mechanical drawing that shows all the dimensions required to make one just like mine, but before that I need to bring up the following; I am not in anyway responsible for the accuracy of following dimension, or for any damage you may cause to your equipment.. This following drawing, and all the dimensions on it is made specifically to fit my personal cue, a Schon BW3. Check yours before doing anything, I am not sure if all Schons are identical at the butt end.

And after all that, on to business:

The drawing for the adapter piece:
3YXvpTP.png

E: Thanks to Chuck Fields for correcting the thread that screws on butt 😄 The correct thread is supposedly 3/8 x 16tpi. My adapter piece is made with metric M10 thread, and the butt is threaded for that too. With the 3/8 inch thread there is no need for any modifications to the butt.

The idea is to make an adapter piece that screws on a schon butt, and has a thread to screw a X bumper on it at the other end. A few pictures to make things clearer;

3BW2tqt.jpg

After machining the adapter piece you can screw it in and tighten. The adapter piece should extend out of the butt for some 0.1-0.4mm to make sure that the extension screws on it tightly.

I made the 3mm holes on it to be able to remove the adapter piece afterwards and to tighten it before attaching the bumper piece on it. I used a special tool that we manufacture at work to tighten it, below are a few pictures. We make them in several sizes, the one pictured is the smallest one available. It is usually used to assemble and disassemble hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, but I have found the smallest one quite helpful with pool accesories too ;)
lND7h71.jpg

YiLyLhr.jpg

Then we move on to the bumper; The thread is very close to a M14x2mm standard. It is a bit too shallow to go in a standard m14 thread without modifying it gently beforehand. Just take a M14 threading die and screw the bumper in it. It will take a very slight cut from the bottom of the thread, but it will now fit the adapter properly.
Then you can simply screw the bumper on the adapter and you are pretty much done and should look like this:
d8Noitn.jpg

Then you can enjoy your Mezz extension on a Schon cue.
M1XVV5b.jpg

Feel free to ask me if I left something out, I will gladly help you out if I can. Please give me your opinions about it, would like to have one or is it just a junk piece of metal 👍
Its very nice... u got pm...

chuckpilegis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the Jacoby extension allready has a 3/8 by16 thread in the bumper so you could just install that with no modification involved