Best cloth options

SpotOn

Registered
I play at the Eagles club on their 8' Pacesetter tables which get about 20 games per day played on them by mostly league players. The tables are not abused and they don't get heavy play.
So my question is this: What is the best option for replacing the cloth and rails on both of them. I originally thought Simonis 860HR and Accu-fast rails but I may not be correct. What would the experts advise I use then they get recovered?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Going with Simonis is pretty much a no -brainer and is a solid choice. As for the k66 cushions, pretty much open to many brands. Dont over think it all. Have you picked out who will do the work?? They most likely will have some input. Good Luck!

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I play at the Eagles club on their 8' Pacesetter tables which get about 20 games per day played on them by mostly league players. The tables are not abused and they don't get heavy play.
So my question is this: What is the best option for replacing the cloth and rails on both of them. I originally thought Simonis 860HR and Accu-fast rails but I may not be correct. What would the experts advise I use then they get recovered?

It comes down to budget. If the club does not mind spending the money, go with Simonis or Championship Tour Edition. For replacement rails, you may be able to have Ridgeback rails produce them.

If budget is a concern, do not be afraid to use ProLine ProForm 505 cloth. It is a very nice, budget friendly, alternative to Simonis.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Wrong kind of tables for accufast cushions, and ridgeback rails won't work either. Those rails are featherstripped, as in just like GC's and Diamonds. I know the tables well, built by Baker Manufacturing in Gardinia, CA, and in the last few years in business, by Olhausen billiards. But they went out of business about 35 years ago or so. I've rebuilt the rails on many of them because they were stapled out.

SpotOn

Registered
Wrong kind of tables for accufast cushions, and ridgeback rails won't work either. Those rails are featherstripped, as in just like GC's and Diamonds. I know the tables well, built by Baker Manufacturing in Gardinia, CA, and in the last few years in business, by Olhausen billiards. But they went out of business about 35 years ago or so. I've rebuilt the rails on many of them because they were stapled out.

So what cloth and rubber would you suggest I consider for these table since you know them?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So what cloth and rubber would you suggest I consider for these table since you know them?

Cloth depends on the customers, cushions are another problem all together. No one is getting those cushions off without tearing them in half, the glue used won't allow the cushions to just pull off. Then, what does the sub rails look like, are they completely stapled out, because replacing the cushions and not fixing that is like buying a saddle for a dead horse....new saddle or not, you still ain't going to ride that horse.

SpotOn

Registered
Are they the ring rails, or the 6 individual rails?
So how much extra work would you guess it might be to replace these rails compared to say a more straight forward table assuming these tables are 6 individual rails? I am checking with someone who knows more about the rails so I can answer your question.

SpotOn

Registered
Are they the ring rails, or the 6 individual rails?

These table have the 6 individual rails. What rubber should I request for them and how long might it take to have a professional replace them?
I am thinking about using Championship 3030 cloth.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
These table have the 6 individual rails. What rubber should I request for them and how long might it take to have a professional replace them?
I am thinking about using Championship 3030 cloth.

Just call me, 702-927-5689