Jump/Break Cue Ideas

TDub

I get the 8!!!
Silver Member
Hello, just curious what break cue most of you use and what your thoughts are on them. I have been searching for a affordable jump/break cue that performs well. Any comments are welcomed.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
some love a break jump cue, some are against additional cues, and some want a dedicated break and jump cues. You will hear a lot of opinions.

I think a common consensus is that Andy Gilbert's break/jump cues are top notch, and a great price. a lot of people will use it as their player as well, with a hard leather tip. I think they are usually around $500usd, but I have not seen one available recently, and depends on what it is. I have seen some very fancy ones.

A lot of people in my hall like the new poison break/jump cues. a few have been floating around and getting praised by any who try them. They run around 250 usd. I liked the break on them for sure, never jumped though.

Not really sure on your price range, affordable differs from person to person.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My break cue is a J. Pechauer.

My jump cue is a Jacoby.

My Masse cue is a Jacoby.

Playing cue is block letter Joss, occasionally a Huebler and occasionally a Mali...once in a while a Dayton.

Multiple cues? Yeah.

I have a jump/break. Haven't used it in about a year.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My playing cue is a TAD my secondary cue is a mint Scruggs and my jump is a Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Ferrari jumps great. Not a big fan of it’s breaking capabilities. I have had a couple of Andy’s and they are great cues but I haven’t found the right combination yet.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums