Brunswick Oversized 8' SportKing Slate?

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, I'm in SLC Utah I have an Oversized 8ft Sportking, and the slate is delaminated & broken. I'm trying to decide if replacing it is worth while. Where is the best place to get replacement Oversized Slate, how much of an investment can I expect as typical for it?

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Hello, I'm in SLC Utah I have an Oversized 8ft Sportking, and the slate is delaminated & broken. I'm trying to decide if replacing it is worth while. Where is the best place to get replacement Oversized Slate, how much of an investment can I expect as typical for it?

Oversized 8ft tables are not easy to find. Replacement slates could be quite costly, and may still require a fair amount of modification.

Could you post pictures of the damage? It may be much more cost effective to repair your current slate.

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oversized 8ft tables are not easy to find. Replacement slates could be quite costly, and may still require a fair amount of modification.

Could you post pictures of the damage? It may be much more cost effective to repair your current slate.

My table is currently in storage, the Slate is in terrible shape, including cracks & chunks missing... sounds like it's better off repurposed as a donor for another Sportking.

winners07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bad Slates

My table is currently in storage, the Slate is in terrible shape, including cracks & chunks missing... sounds like it's better off repurposed as a donor for another Sportking.

a lot of the old brunswick tables were oversized 8fts, Sports king, Anniversary's, Ive run into the same problem with them the slate has a looks like a seam in the slate and is not repairable from what ive seen, I have one now the slate is good but i had another one and a anniversary that were bad, but if you shop around for old tables that need allot of repairs and the slate is still good then buy it for the sports king, thats what i did for my tables because the slates were pretty interchangeable just look for each one is 33"x53" each slate. hope this helps, thanks gary

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I'll look... Thanks!

a lot of the old brunswick tables were oversized 8fts, Sports king, Anniversary's, Ive run into the same problem with them the slate has a looks like a seam in the slate and is not repairable from what ive seen, I have one now the slate is good but i had another one and a anniversary that were bad, but if you shop around for old tables that need allot of repairs and the slate is still good then buy it for the sports king, thats what i did for my tables because the slates were pretty interchangeable just look for each one is 33"x53" each slate. hope this helps, thanks gary

Good call, thank you!