Thank you Jerry -R- (Rauenzahn)

Chairman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With Jerry retired (or very close to retiring), I wanted to take a second and say a public "Thank you" for many great cues and projects together...Jerry is a true gentleman to have worked with, and his "points of perfection" show and play wonderfully...Not to mention, he never missed a promise date (usually early). Thanks again Jerry - and good luck on your next endeavor!

Below a few pics of our recent work together to share...Two cues on the left are fully built by Jerry from start to finish. The next two started as blanks from Jerry, and were finished up by Pete Tascarella...And, then, I have a few more as-of-yet unfinished blanks that will eventually make it into cues...

For those who are curious for details (from left):

Bushka style, ebony into African Blackwood...

360 Style - African Blackwood / something Jerry called "Violet" Rosewood / Aftrican Blackwood (7 veneers)

Ebony into Aftrican Blackwood (lighter tone)

360 Style - all Ebony (5 veneers)

And, the blanks:

Ebony into Black Ash Burl

Amboyna into Brazilian Rosewood

Brazilian Rosewood into Brazilian Rosewood

Ebony into Bolivian Rosewood Burl

The green butterfly at the end (African Blackwood into Ebony) is already off being converted by Paul Drexler...

Attachments

• All.jpg
    All.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 608
  • Forearms.jpg
    Forearms.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 577
  • Sleeves.jpg
    Sleeves.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 549
  • Joints.jpg
    Joints.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 537
  • Green.jpg
    Green.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now what we have here is a
tremendous group of the prettiest cues on the planet

every cue is a tasteful masterpiece
my hat is off to Jerry and to Shawn for picking
the best

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was not aware it was official about Jerry’s retirement. It was my good fortune, thanks in a large part
to Dean, to become introduced to Jerry’s incredible cue-making. But it was much more than that. Jerry
was a genuinely nice person whom I became friends with and he indulged all of my whims when it came
to building me a couple of custom cues. He was so enjoyable to talk with and generous with his time and
also a man of his word. Jerry never disappointed me and I treasure the cues he made for me. He was so
amazingly knowledgeable about cues and we’ll miss a cue artist extraordinaire with Jerry’s retirement. I
reserved a second reply so I can return later to post photos of the two cues I designed with Jerry’s help.

Matt B.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Last Cue Jerry R. Made For Me (05/16)

This is a cue design that Tim Scruggs originally did and I fell in love with it at first sight.

The only thing I changed was the veneer colors and all the white on this cue is ivory.

Jerry's first cue he made for me appears in the photo with two cues & both play superb.

Matt B.

Attachments

• Jerry R. Cue Sleeve - Az Pic.jpg
    Jerry R. Cue Sleeve - Az Pic.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 437
  • Jerry R, Forearm.jpg
    Jerry R, Forearm.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 443
  • Overview 3).jpg
    Overview 3).jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 424
  • Overview (Az).jpg
    Overview (Az).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 421
  • Jerry's Best Work.jpg
    Jerry's Best Work.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My First Jerry R. Cue (02/15)

This is the first cue Jerry produced for me. Once again, everything white is all ivory.
I would have ordered more cues from Jerry but CA's ivory ban killed that possibility.
The exact same thing happened to me with Bob Owen who made my last cue 05/16.
Jerry's workmanship is truly outstanding & the hit favorably compares with the best.

Matt B.

p.s. Dean, thanks again for introduction to Jerry Rauenzahn. It is a great acquaintence.

Attachments

• Cue & Shafts.jpg
    Cue & Shafts.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 446
  • Forearm & Date.jpg
    Forearm & Date.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 436
  • Butt Sleeve (initials).jpg
    Butt Sleeve (initials).jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 433
  • Forearm & Veneers (3).jpg
    Forearm & Veneers (3).jpg