Cloth

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the best color of cloth to play on. Mine is red and I've been told it's the worst color!

there will be a lot of opinions on this.
but for me i now play on Diamond blue. its fine.
but i played for years on gold and liked that the best..
with gold the table seemed brighter.

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tournament Blue.
There is no competition. I don't like any other color for a cloth, and this comes from me, a person who dress and owns exclusively black items with white accents. All my clothes are black and white, my bed sheets are black, my bath towels are black, my playing cue and my break cue is black and white, my case is black.. When and if I ever can afford a table, I'll have Simonis Tournament Blue.

AngryTurtle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there will be a lot of opinions on this.
but for me i now play on Diamond blue. its fine.
but i played for years on gold and liked that the best..
with gold the table seemed brighter.

I have a Simonis Tourney Blue table, used to have a Spruce Green. For actually playing pool the lighter colors for me are better, like Tournament Blue.

I always thought that gold would be the best for playing on, but keep getting talked out of it by the Pool table guys, so I never have tried it.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tournament blue seems to be the standard now. The classic green is going away. I grew up playing on light grey at my home poolroom in the sixties and liked it fine. Sort of miss it actually. Grey chalk holds pretty well.

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't like red at all.
My home table is gold cloth. I can see much better on gold and tournament blue tables.
I play leagues in the bars on green cloth with marginal lighting. Hard to see the table and balls clearly, and lots of shadows. When it comes time to put new cloth on my home table, I'm considering putting green felt on it ..... so my practice might translate better to the green bar tables for league play.
I hate when I miss shots on dimly lit green tables, when those same shots seem easy on my home table.

ranchar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently had Championship 30/30 European Blue installed and have been very pleased.

Easy on your eyes and still retains good strong color as it wears.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The only cloth I have a problem with is Spruce. It is dark. Any color should be ok. There is no best color. But each person has their preference. To me it's all about the lighting. I need bright lights. My GC has a Gold Simonis

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Tournament blue seems to be the standard now. The classic green is going away. I grew up playing on light grey at my home poolroom in the sixties and liked it fine. Sort of miss it actually. Grey chalk holds pretty well.

Strange, Philly....for me, grey cloth is the worst conditions for me....I go blind on it.

Spruce and any dark cloth I just dislike...
...red and tangerine I can play on but I think they are revolting.

Yellow, tan, green, and blue are fine for me...if they are traditional shades.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the best color of cloth to play on. Mine is red and I've been told it's the worst color!

Oh god ya and if you have red chalk I won't go into what the cue looks like

Blue seems to be the standard now , Simonis being the standard but I'm seeing other cloths being used Andy being one of them

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I grew up with green. I think a pool table looks wrong if it doesn't have green. Period.

But I like playing on blue better. Much easier on my eyes. That's just my opinion. When I get a table, it's tournament blue all the way.

But I miss green.

Red/Gold/Pink/Purple/whatever pairs well with a Budweiser cue, IMHO.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The worst? Black as it blends the pockets into the table. So the darker the color the more the pocket blends and the more it messes with your game.

The best? Tournament blue as it makes the pockets pop out. It is the reason it is used most.

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on the table and the room it is in. A competition table always looks better with blue imo, a classic wooden home table always looks better with green to me. Playing wise...the only thing that matters is the lighting

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on the table and the room it is in. A competition table always looks better with blue imo, a classic wooden home table always looks better with green to me. Playing wise...the only thing that matters is the lighting

And, of course, the quality of the cloth itself.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tournament blue for me, really helps in seeing the balls. One of our rec rooms had 2 of the 4 tables redone in TB now they are the first to be played on. Room is a bit underlit and the lighter cloth really makes a difference.