Jay Helfert

tuda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good Morning Mr. Helfert, my name is Jeff but about 10 years ago you knew me as Actionhound on Azbillards, I was supposed to help put John Schmidt into a ring game with a few others and yourself at the DCC but ended up getting pretty ill with the flu, and then unfortunately the company I was working for went out of business causing me to have to find work in an abysmal economy... long story short I went through a pretty rough patch in my life and struggled pretty much every day to make ends meat, however since the economy has finally turned around I have been able to finally get back to work making some real money and I wanted to pay you for the 300 I owed you and the 300 you lost in your stake as a way of showing you who I really am and not the person that the bad economy made me appear to be... I have never forgotten about this debt, I have just not been in a situation where i could ever repay it until right now... i have already setup a paypal account and gotten it ready to go so all i need is whatever information I need to send you the money and I will take care of the rest on my end.

Again, I am very sorry for how long it has taken me to be able to do this, but like I stated earlier I have wanted to pay you all along I just didnt have the money.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Good Morning Mr. Helfert, my name is Jeff but about 10 years ago you knew me as Actionhound on Azbillards, I was supposed to help put John Schmidt into a ring game with a few others and yourself at the DCC but ended up getting pretty ill with the flu, and then unfortunately the company I was working for went out of business causing me to have to find work in an abysmal economy... long story short I went through a pretty rough patch in my life and struggled pretty much every day to make ends meat, however since the economy has finally turned around I have been able to finally get back to work making some real money and I wanted to pay you for the 300 I owed you and the 300 you lost in your stake as a way of showing you who I really am and not the person that the bad economy made me appear to be... I have never forgotten about this debt, I have just not been in a situation where i could ever repay it until right now... i have already setup a paypal account and gotten it ready to go so all i need is whatever information I need to send you the money and I will take care of the rest on my end.

Again, I am very sorry for how long it has taken me to be able to do this, but like I stated earlier I have wanted to pay you all along I just didnt have the money.

Quite impressive. Good for you.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

It's nice that you're taking care of an old debt; better late than never and all that; but posting about it publicly for all to see smacks of you wanting extra credit for it.

Curious, why not just pm Jay with this good news and keep your biz private?

best,
brian kc

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's nice that you're taking care of an old debt; better late than never and all that; but posting about it publicly for all to see smacks of you wanting extra credit for it.

best,
brian kc

It may be that it was publicly shared, all those years ago, and this is his way to make amends and let the community know. It is nice that he is taking care of an old debt.

Uniballpenman

Registered
Good move.

Much respect wanting to make right after all these years. Economy got the better of a bunch of people, glad you landed on your feet when the dust settled.

I hope Jay sees and this and accepts it back. Good karma all around.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

best,
brian kc

because he was hammered publicly for it quite often and he wants those people to know-I understand that-Not saying it is even him however though-who knows at this point?

In fact im not sure i buy the flu, then the company out of business, then the bad economy thing either. but I'm a skeptic at heart.

tuda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried emailing him, and sending this to him privately through Facebook but it was never responded to, then I decided to put this here since he's a bit of a celebrity through the pool world I'm sure he gets about 100 private messages a day, and he probably doesn't have time to answer them all... I honestly am not looking for any kind of "extra credit" as I dont even play pool anymore I just wanted to make sure he sees this so I can take care of it.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I tried emailing him, and sending this to him privately through Facebook but it was never responded to, then I decided to put this here since he's a bit of a celebrity through the pool world I'm sure he gets about 100 private messages a day, and he probably doesn't have time to answer them all... I honestly am not looking for any kind of "extra credit" as I dont even play pool anymore I just wanted to make sure he sees this so I can take care of it.

Send him a PM here. He should answer fairly quickly I would think.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This was kind of a surprise to see this today. I sent him a PM and we'll see what happens. It's been so long ago it's one of those debts you write off in your mind. I've had the experience of having someone walk up to me and hand me $100, saying thanks for helping me out a long time ago. I found out something many years ago about having people owe me money. I'd rather be on my end of it than theirs! :thumbup:

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
boy there's no quit in this place still i see, so warm and inviting and encouraging.
Person: I just built a church, a school and a shelter
Forum: Hmmm somethings up, no one would make that public without a hidden agenda. It's a Catholic church, why not donate the money, look where he put the school.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
This was kind of a surprise to see this today. I sent him a PM and we'll see what happens. It's been so long ago it's one of those debts you write off in your mind. I've had the experience of having someone walk up to me and hand me $100, saying thanks for helping me out a long time ago. I found out something many years ago about having people owe me money. I'd rather be on my end of it than theirs! :thumbup:

The world is dark and full of terrors... and surprises!!! :D

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
He just sent me $600 on Paypal. Will wonders never cease! I do hope the guy is really doing better in his life now. He was going through some tough times back then as I recall. One thing I've learned, It's never too late to do the right thing!

Michael Andros

Silver Member
He just sent me $600 on Paypal. Will wonders never cease! I do hope the guy is really doing better in his life now. He was going through some tough times back then as I recall. One thing I've learned, It's never too late to do the right thing!

Good for him and for you.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

Ok Jay, now you can finally pay me that $500 you owe me.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
boy there's no quit in this place still i see, so warm and inviting and encouraging.
Person: I just built a church, a school and a shelter
Forum: Hmmm somethings up, no one would make that public without a hidden agenda. It's a Catholic church, why not donate the money, look where he put the school.

it wasn't the forum; it was just me. :)

go to the action room and see who is listed #1 as bad action.

don't get me wrong; I'm very happy Jay got his $$$. As Jay said, it's never too late to do the right thing.

best,
brian kc

tuda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it wasn't the forum; it was just me. :)

go to the action room and see who is listed #1 as bad action.

don't get me wrong; I'm very happy Jay got his $$$. As Jay said, it's never too late to do the right thing.

best,
brian kc

That list was started because of this situation actually...

All in all I dont really care what you think of me, my debt has been paid and I had no reason to pay it other than because it was the right thing to do...

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
That list was started because of this situation actually...

All in all I dont really care what you think of me, my debt has been paid and I had no reason to pay it other than because it was the right thing to do...

Kudos man, things happen and you didn't go to the grave with it. Also $600 on $300 definitely covers the interest. I'm not one to pile on but wish more ppl had your mentality in life.