Tiger did it.

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiger needs 4 more Major wins to surpass Jack the GOAT.

If you're talking about PGA victories...then yes.

Yeah, but he could tie it with three, and that would be the achievement of forever.

He is amazingly physically fit and he played very smart golf to win. A fantastic tournament it was!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't played golf in 40 years other than putt putt and I rarely watch but that was cool to see.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The only thing I can compare this to in my lifetime is when Cassius Clay shocked the world and knocked out the unbeatable Sonny Liston. The second best sports comeback story was Ali's win over George Foreman in Zaire. In team sports there was never anything like the amateur U.S. Hockey team beating Russia (a team full of the best hockey players in the world) and Finland to win the Gold medal in the Olympics.

But this one might top them all! Tiger was washed up, nearly a forgotten man in pro golf. Win a major? No way! He would never win anything again they all said (including me). That whole conversation has changed dramatically now. All of a sudden Nicklaus' 18 majors are in jeopardy, as are Snead's 84 tournament victories.

I can easily see him using this huge win as a springboard to more greatness. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win another major this year. 16 is a nice number to end 2019 on!

P.S. I bet (online) on Tiger after day two at 8-1 odds to win. Something just told me to bet on him. I made a nice little score and wiped out all my online gambling debt thanks to El Tigre! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The only thing I can compare this to in my lifetime is when Cassius Clay shocked the world and knocked out the unbeatable Sonny Liston. The second best sports comeback story was Ali's win over George Foreman in Zaire. In team sports there was never anything like the amateur U.S. Hockey team beating Russia (a team full of the best hockey players in the world) and Finland to win the Gold medal in the Olympics.

But this one might top them all! Tiger was washed up, nearly a forgotten man in pro golf. Win a major? No way! He would never win anything again they all said (including me). That whole conversation has changed dramatically now. All of a sudden Nicklaus' 18 majors are in jeopardy, as are Snead's 84 tournament victories.

I can easily see him using this huge win as a springboard to more greatness. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win another major this year. 16 is a nice number to end 2019 on!

P.S. I bet (online) on Tiger after day two at 8-1 odds to win. Something just told me to bet on him. I made a nice little score and wiped out all my online gambling debt thanks to El Tigre! :rolleyes:

You must have forgotten Buster Douglas over Mike Tyson. That was actually a bigger upset by a long mile. Clay was 7-1 underdog. Douglas was some 40-1 underdog. Holyfield knocking out Tyson was a bigger upset as well.
I've seen so many upsets in boxing.
Rolando Pasqua knocking Chiquita Gonzalez at the Forum was a total shocker.
Easily a 10-1 underdog.
Pacquiao making Barrera's corner quit was a hell of a shocker.

Jack Nicklaus was some 45-46 yrs old when he won the last Masters.
That was some shocker too.

Efren winning the overall at the Derby was something too.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
You must have forgotten Buster Douglas over Mike Tyson. That was actually a bigger upset by a long mile. Clay was 7-1 underdog. Douglas was some 40-1 underdog. Holyfield knocking out Tyson was a bigger upset as well.
Easily a 10-1 underdog.

I did forget Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson. Clay went off at 10-1 against Liston and Douglas was 20-1 at fight time. He had been 30-1 but some "smart money" knew something and bet him down at the last minute. I was in Vegas for that one. I won pretty good on Holyfield over Tyson. He went off at 8-1 and I got down for 200. Everyone was laughing at me until Tyson started getting worked over by Evander.

Nicklaus was 46 when he won his last major at the Masters. He was actually in contention on the last day at the Masters when he was 53. I think Snead was the oldest to win on tour, in his early 50's.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hard to beat this!

This just happened on a tennis court. Makes most longshots and comebacks seem like walks in the park. Tiger's biggest feat today was in being in position to win when a half-dozen other players crumbled including four on the back nine according to an article I read.

Down 6-0, 5-0, and 40-30, Tara Moore came back to win!

Hu

https://www.womenstennisblog.com/2019/04/09/tara-moore-avoids-double-bagel/

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully this will give him the courage to start banging Perkins waitresses three at a time again.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a huge come back no question. Biggest ever? I dunno. Possibly! Here we have a guy who was on top of the world(and a whole lot of hunnies too!) and he basically trainwrecked himself with his fans, his sponsors,his family, his god if he is into that and everyone else. Throw in some injuries, pill addiction and piles of self doubt and everyone including himself thought he was done. Nope. Dude comes back after a series of setbacks...finishes high in a few "big" events and then wins the biggest one of all. Epic. Unreal! :smile:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Easily a 10-1 underdog.

Holly Holm was an 11-1 dog going into the fight with Ronda Rousey. I bet on that fight and won a few bucks. I knew Holm was going to win. Huge upset

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Hopefully this will give him the courage to start banging Perkins waitresses three at a time again.

I respect his golf game. A come back in golf like no other.
He cheated on Elin Nordegren. No comeback after 2010.
If it was only a one night stand she might still respect him.
Just my quess.. Bet he'd give up that win to get her back.

image.jpeg

outrider1

Registered
Tiger Woods has absolutely nothing to do with Billiards!Your wasting people's time with this.Go worship him elsewhere.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiger Woods has absolutely nothing to do with Billiards!Your wasting people's time with this.Go worship him elsewhere.

Since there's no section of the forum for non
billiards related ...

Guy puts a ball in a hole, looks like the right place to me.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right before Sunday's coverage began, they were talking about cue sticks. It went something like this...

ok, ok, about 5 and 4 and 3.........CUE Nance intro.

I'm going to try and pick up a Nance Cue

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You mean when Sonny took a dive.