Dumbest question ever asked on AZB....

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They have shoes to do this?

Of course. I prefer traditional black, but I've seen young people wear ones like this Body Glove design:

CropperCapture[505].png

ugh

deadbeat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went straight to my pool table and tried this, I hate to admit it, but 4 was easy making a diamond shape of them with one pointing with my middle finger. I must be getting bored working from home.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As for the OP, you need to set your goals higher. The guy shown here could pick up 10 pool balls in each hand from a flat surface and turn them over without dropping any. (See page 197 of Byrne's Wonderful World of Pool and Billiards.)

CropperCapture[506].jpg

Julius B. Shuster

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Bob, I feel completely inadequate.

That's better than your backward cut shot. (Did you ever did tell the secret by the way?) .

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob, I feel completely inadequate.

That's better than your backward cut shot. (Did you ever did tell the secret by the way?) .

I could be wrong but I believe part of it is to not have freshly polished balls to increase the effect of throw, but Bob can answer definitively.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
easy, three balls between the fingers and one ball palmed aginst the balls with the thumb. how is it hard to figure out. kind of like when you first did the dirty deed, eventually you figure it out. practice

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I have pretty small hands, sometimes I’ll get 4 if I grab them just right but if it feels a little risky I just go with the standard 3 grabs. 2 + 2 + 1 x 3 in a fist. If I get a 4th ball in there somewhere it changes the program

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I tried

I tried to not post this but you guys are driving me crazy.
Three balls!

Cuebuddy>>>expert level.

Attachments

• PoolBallMouth.jpg
    PoolBallMouth.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 174

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
easy solution

It's all in the technique.

Attachments

• 20200323_224818.jpg
    20200323_224818.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Please, no. Just ... no.:(

BTW, did you know that a 3/8-11 pin is better for draw while a 3/8-10 is better for follow?

Well you’re close. The reason the British call it screw instead of draw is the courser the threads the further you can draw it. However finer thread allows for a more precise draw uh I mean screw back.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Well you’re close. The reason the British call it screw instead of draw is the courser the threads the further you can draw it. However finer thread allows for a more precise draw uh I mean screw back.

You two guys (you and Bob) are going to have a bunch of newbies all screwed up. :D

Maniac

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the dumbest answer to the dumbest question. For me it's easy.

IMG_1435.jpg

And here is the dumbest reason to master the dumbest answer to the dumbest question.

Once you learn this both hands, you can pick up 9 balls with the 9th held between the thumbs. Once you learn how to stack'em, you can dump the balls into a rack and have a ready to tweak 9 ball rack.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I havent read the thread,so anyone post a pic of jr. Norris holding 9 balls in 1 hand:wink:

j13smiley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess I don't have to rack that often... ;)

Never tried 4 balls, happy doing 3. Will try tomorrow for fun though.