Any pool rooms open mornings or 24 hours anymore ?

Oldandtired

Registered
Long time lurker hoping to find some good/bad pool rooms open 24 hours a day or mornings ( 7-10 am) in the USA . Old and go to bed early . Will be traveling USA next several months dreaming of a pool room to go sip coffee , hit a few balls (1 or 2 hours) , eat breakfast , maybe a beer on the way out ! Don't care about area , quality of tables , price , anything except must have 9 FOOT tables . Quality and condition of table not important (I'm desparate!) Facebook , websites , online details not very accurate after calling a few rooms . Hoping for current accurate info from a forum member . Obvious ly coronova/riots affect things , but if you can mention even a room that MIGHT be open soon that he great Top appreciation for room locations in Texas , South Dakota , Washington , Arizona , Colorado , Idaho , montana , Oregon , Nevada , california . But any rooms in USA open appreciated

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long time lurker hoping to find some good/bad pool rooms open 24 hours a day or mornings ( 7-10 am) in the USA . Old and go to bed early . Will be traveling USA next several months dreaming of a pool room to go sip coffee , hit a few balls (1 or 2 hours) , eat breakfast , maybe a beer on the way out ! Don't care about area , quality of tables , price , anything except must have 9 FOOT tables . Quality and condition of table not important (I'm desparate!) Facebook , websites , online details not very accurate after calling a few rooms . Hoping for current accurate info from a forum member . Obvious ly coronova/riots affect things , but if you can mention even a room that MIGHT be open soon that he great Top appreciation for room locations in Texas , South Dakota , Washington , Arizona , Colorado , Idaho , montana , Oregon , Nevada , california . But any rooms in USA open appreciated
New Orleans has some but they are few and far between everywhere else. No money in being open early or 24hr. Rusty's in Arlington, Tx used to be 24/7 but not any more. Mickey's Cue-n-Brew in Vegas is still 24hr i'm pretty sure. Nice spot. All Gold Crown tables. http://www.mickeyscues.com/ UD: Mickey's is 10a-2a now.

Last edited:

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Houston Texas

Bogies and Big Tyme Billiards are both open from Friday noon until Sunday 4:00AM

RabbiHippie

"Look! A real hippie!"
Silver Member
The Rack in Memphis was open 24 hours prior to the shutdown. I believe that they have reopened but do not know if they returned to their previous schedule.

Another room that was open "nearly" 24 hours prior to the shutdown was Raytown Rec near Kansas City. They operated a full three shifts for years but were down to two the last time I was there. They were open on Christmas day and stayed open until 3 or 4 AM so long as there were still customers. I haven't heard whether or not they've reopened since the shutdown.

Both are among my favorite places to play but one needs to exercise caution and be aware of their environment in the surrounding areas.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Teacher's in St. Peters, MO opens around 10.

For awhile they were serving breakfast and opening at 8 but that went away with the virus. Don't know if it will return.

Lou Figueroa

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes me wonder, was the fictional (AMES?) room where Jackie & Paul played (‘The Hustler’) closed to the public while they battled overnight? I suppose the days when room owners were so obliging are now lost to history?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Do not think we have any in AZ 24 X 7 X 365. Some will stay open after 2am, if Tournment is still ion progress, but they turn off the alcohol sales.

Staste Law.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes me wonder, was the fictional (AMES?) room where Jackie & Paul played (‘The Hustler’) closed to the public while they battled overnight? I suppose the days when room owners were so obliging are now lost to history?

Bit off topic but the pool hall where I live has a sign that says 'It is unlawful to enter this establishment with any firearm knife or any other weapon" But the guy that works there lest people in with weapons. I saw a guy in there with an open carry gun.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bit off topic but the pool hall where I live has a sign that says 'It is unlawful to enter this establishment with any firearm knife or any other weapon" But the guy that works there lest people in with weapons. I saw a guy in there with an open carry gun.

Do you still believe it's unlawful? That said, trespassing is and trespassing with a weapon can bring many charges.

As long as people don't bring in shotguns I'm fine. Hand pistols, rifles, swords etc. fine, but I'm gone once I see that first shotgun. Some asshole brought one of these in during APA league... he was "cool". I don't care what you know, "trusting" strangers with shotguns is a little much to ask.

Last edited:

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you still believe it's unlawful? That said, trespassing is and trespassing with a weapon can bring many charges.

As long as people don't bring in shotguns I'm fine. Hand pistols, rifles, swords etc. fine, but I'm gone once I see that first shotgun. Some asshole brought one of these in during APA league... he was "cool". I don't care what you know, "trusting" strangers with shotguns is a little much to ask.

I will start a new thread. I will answer your question there. I do not want to derail this thread.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Carom Room in Beloit, WI, is open with a few local COVID restrictions - mostly social distancing. They open at 10am and they have a weekday all-you-can-shoot special for $6.00 between 10am and 3pm. No requirement to buy lunch or anything, but they have good food at reasonable prices so why not? Plenty of 7 and 9 foot tables in excellent shape - Diamonds and GCs. Great staff and friendly patrons. The morning crowd is mostly social old geezers so you (and I) would fit right in.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Rack in Memphis was open 24 hours prior to the shutdown. I believe that they have reopened but do not know if they returned to their previous schedule.

Another room that was open "nearly" 24 hours prior to the shutdown was Raytown Rec near Kansas City. They operated a full three shifts for years but were down to two the last time I was there. They were open on Christmas day and stayed open until 3 or 4 AM so long as there were still customers. I haven't heard whether or not they've reopened since the shutdown.

Both are among my favorite places to play but one needs to exercise caution and be aware of their environment in the surrounding areas.

Raytown Rec opens at 1100, also I believe several of the Side Pockets in the Kansas City metro open at 1100 and have lunch/pool specials. I am not aware of any rooms in Kansas City that are open 24x7 any longer.

-don

RabbiHippie

"Look! A real hippie!"
Silver Member
Raytown Rec opens at 1100, also I believe several of the Side Pockets in the Kansas City metro open at 1100 and have lunch/pool specials. I am not aware of any rooms in Kansas City that are open 24x7 any longer.

-don

Thanks for the update on current status of Raytown Rec.

I hope that Doug Brink and Steve Hassellman are doing well. They are fantastic people.

Doug is the best 3-cushion player that I've seen in person and Steve has a couple Missouri state championships under his belt. Both treated me well when I was there around Christmas.

Here's an old thread about "Big Bertha" their 5x10 Kling table

At 100, a pool table named ‘Big Bertha’

Last edited:

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No idea.

I’m in bed at 10pm and up at sunrise.

There is a world out there when it’s dark? Our pool leagues at 7pm to 9pm...then home.

New Orleans has some but they are few and far between everywhere else. No money in being open early or 24hr. Rusty's in Arlington, Tx used to be 24/7 but not any more. Mickey's Cue-n-Brew in Vegas is still 24hr i'm pretty sure. Nice spot. All Gold Crown tables. http://www.mickeyscues.com/ UD: Mickey's is 10a-2a now.

New Orleans has 1 pool hall that is 24/7, and it will be going back to 24 hours this Friday (Thursday night at 12 AM).

Buffalos Billiards, 5015 Bloomfield St, New Orleans, LA 70121

The Corner Pocket in Kenner used to be open 24 hours, but I have no idea when that changed, but it is no longer 24 hours. The Window of the pool room is still marked 24 hours though. I was thinking it is 24 hours too, until someone told me it is no longer open 24 hours.

So, there is just Buffalo's that is open 24 hours, and they have really nice tables, which many, if not all, have been re felted during the shutdown.

Just a bit off topic? That is a 1,000 miles off topic, lol.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Given most rooms depend on alcohol for a large part of revenue and State Law requires alcohol sales to end a some point in the late evening...I think the 24hr room is largely a thing of the past.

I grew up in a room that was no alcohol/ no food and was 24hrs. I worked the 2-10 am shift for a while and the place was usually empty between 3-8am.

At least I think it was. What do I know, I was sleeping.