New women phenon in Taiwan

Henry Wong

Registered
I just saw on TV a 17-year-old high school girl, Guo Shi Ting, beat the world number five, Chou Chieh Yu. Chou is the top-ranked Taiwan women and has been almost unbeatable on the island lately. She just won the World Team Competition and was the Amway Champion earlier this year. What was more impressive was young Guo came from 1-7 down (race to 9) to go hill-hill with Chou then ran out to win 9-8. This is her first foray into the Taiwan Women's 9-Ball professional circuit but the performance was no fluke because she handily beat another top-ranked player to get to this round. With her plain clothes, school-girl haircut and no makeup she look out of place in that venue but her confidence around the table is cool and calculated and totally played the part. Look for Guo Shi Ting to be a force on the international pool scene soon.

Henry

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Agree,

let s see what the next 2-3 years will show- very complete player already!

lg
Ingo

n0th1ng

Son of the beach
Silver Member
I just saw on TV a 17-year-old high school girl, Guo Shi Ting, beat the world number five, Chou Chieh Yu. Chou is the top-ranked Taiwan women and has been almost unbeatable on the island lately. She just won the World Team Competition and was the Amway Champion earlier this year. What was more impressive was young Guo came from 1-7 down (race to 9) to go hill-hill with Chou then ran out to win 9-8. This is her first foray into the Taiwan Women's 9-Ball professional circuit but the performance was no fluke because she handily beat another top-ranked player to get to this round. With her plain clothes, school-girl haircut and no makeup she look out of place in that venue but her confidence around the table is cool and calculated and totally played the part. Look for Guo Shi Ting to be a force on the international pool scene soon.

Henry

Any youtube vids about this raising star?

Pangit

Banned

Henry

A 13 year old girl just qualified for the Women's 10 Ball Championship this week? Pinay, by the looks of things...She probably won't conform to the conservative sort of lifestyle? "TomBoy" alert. Just like Rubilyn Amit.

Just watching a replay of last years women's 10 ball tourney at Robinson's Galleria in lovely down town Manila, "live" on local tv.

B-Boy Soriano and Bob Gurrerro commentating. First rack. "Ga -Young Kim plays like a guy, she has a man's stroke"

??? What else can you say?

I don't think Kim is Butch...I hope not.

Last edited:

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gou also beat Lui Shin Mei a veteran in Taiwan pool scene the same day, reminds me of a female version of Wu

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk